OF THE CD MECHANISM
force to the pickup when handing it. Care should be
2) Do not apply unnecessary force (do not
to remove the
disc tray from its inside position.
Unnecessary force may break the teeth on the tray gear (CM6).
3) In the descriptions which follow, the numbers in the parentheses after the parts are reference
Refer to these views.
the disc tray
(YI ) of the
2) Pull the disc tray (31) all the way forward by turning the tray
drive gear (CM12)
hold 'of the disc tray (31)
3) Push the catch on the disc tray (31) in the direction shown
by the arrow, and draw out the disc tray (31). (@)
4) To install the disc tray, turn the gear (CM12)-in
of the arrow as far as it will go. (@)
5) Align the disc tray (31) with the mechanism
6) Push the disc tray (31) toward the rear, and interlock it with
(CM12) as shown
7) Secure it with the screw (Yl ) which was removed in step 1).
Remove the disc tray (31). (Refer to steps 1), 2) and 3) of
the section entitled
"Removing and installing the ,disc t(ay")"
2) Turn the tray drive gear (CM12)
move the pickup in the direction of arrow (@) as far as it will
3) Remove the spring wire (CM44) with tweezers. (@)
4) Remove the screw (CM11 ), and also remove the tray drive
gear (CM12) and washer (CM13).
5) Now remove the pick rack gears (CM16 and CM19).
Note : It will not be possible to remove the pick rack gears
block can now be removed
by taking out the
screw (CM51 ) and spring coil (CM49).
Note : If the timing gear (CM23) is in the state shown by "X"
in the figure on the right, put it in the state shown by