Solving Minor Problems Yourself
Iron does not
Temperature control (I) set to
Turn the temperature control
work or is not
to the desired position.
Check that the plug is
inserted into the mains
The "sensorSecure" system
Grip the handle of the iron to
has been activated.
Iron is not
There is no water in the tank
Fill the water tank.
The steam regulator (C) is in
Set the steam regulator to
the relevant position.
Temperature control (I)
Set the temperature control
setting is too low.
within the steam area
the holes in
(between the "••" and
"max") or turn the steam
regulator (C) to
Steam regulator (C) is set too
Turn the steam regulator to a
high in conjunction with a low
You have pressed the shot of
Wait 5 seconds between
steam button (A) repeatedly
each press of the jet of
without waiting for 5 seconds
between each press.
Water has been left in the
Always empty the tank after
tank when the sole plate was
ironing and set the steam
cold, with the steam regulator
(C) set at
and when filling the tank.
Distilled water has not been
Mix distilled water with
used (see "Filling the water
tap water as directed in
tank" section) or other
the "Filling the water tank"
products such as fragrant
section and never add any
water have been added to
other products to the water
No water in the tank.
Add water to the water tank.
Contact an Authorised
Technical Service Centre.
During first use: Certain
This is completely normal
components on the
and will stop after a short
appliance have been lightly
greased at the factory and
may produce a little smoke
when initially heated.
Traces of lime scale are
Carry out a cleaning cycle
coming out of the steam
(see Self Cleaning section).
holes in the
"sensorSecure" system has
Grip the handle of the iron to
on top of
The lamp (N) at the front of
the handle will stop flashing
and will show a continuous
You can download this manual from the local homepages of Siemens
Thank you for buying the TB76 sensorSecure steam iron from
Siemens. These instructions contain valuable information about
the unique features of this iron and some hints to make ironing
easier for you.
Please visit www.siemens-home.co.uk for more product
information or to register your product, just follow the
link to the Online guarantee registration.
This appliance has been designed exclusively for
domestic use and must not be used for industrial
Carefully read through the operating instructions for the
appliance and safeguard them for future reference.
General safety instructions
• The iron must not be left unattended while it is
connected to the supply mains.
• Remove the plug from the socket before filling the
appliance with water or before pouring out the
remaining water after use.
• The appliance must be used and placed on a stable
• When placed on its stand, make sure that the surface
on which the stand is placed is stable.
• The iron should not be used if it has been dropped,
if there are visible signs of damage or if it is leaking
water. It must be checked by an authorized Technical
Service Centre before it can be used again.
• With the aim of avoiding dangerous situations, any
work or repair that the appliance may need, e.g.
replacing a faulty mains cable, must only be carried
out by qualified personnel from an Authorised
Technical Service Centre.
• This appliance can be used by children aged from 8
years and above and persons with reduced physical,
sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience
and knowledge if they have been given supervision or
instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe
way and understand the hazards involved. Children
shall not play with the appliance. Cleaning and user
maintenance shall not be made by children without
Siemens Customer Service
Grand Union House
Old Wolverton Road
UK: +44 (0)844 892 8999
IRL: +353 (0)1450 2655
• Keep the iron and its cord out of reach of children less
than 8 years of age when it is energized or cooling
CAUTION. Hot surface.
Surface is liable to get hot during use.
• This appliance is to be connected and used in accordance with
the information stated on its characteristics plate.
• This appliance must be connected to an earthed socket. If it is
absolutely necessary to use an extension cable, make sure that
it is suitable for 16A and has a socket with an earth connection.
• If the safety fuse fitted in the appliance blows, the appliance
will be rendered inoperative. To restore normal operation the
appliance will have to be taken to an authorised Technical
• In order to avoid that, under unfavourable mains conditions,
phenomena like transient voltage drops or lighting fluctuations
can happen, it is recommended that the iron is connected to a
power supply system with a maximum impedance of 0.27Ω . If
necessary, the user can ask the public power supply company
for the system impedance at the interface point.
• Unplug the appliance from the mains supply after each use, or
if a fault is suspected.
• The electrical plug must not be removed from the socket by
pulling the cable.
• Never immerse the iron in water or any other fluid.
• Do not leave the appliance exposed to weather conditions (rain,
sun, frost, etc.).
Tips to help you save energy
Steam production consumes the most energy. To help minimise
the energy used, follow the advice below:
• Start by ironing the fabrics that require the lowest ironing
• Regulate the steam according to the selected ironing
• Only use steam if necessary. If possible, use the spray function
• Try to Iron the fabrics while they are still damp and reduce the
steam setting. Steam will be generated from the fabrics rather
than the iron. If you tumble dry your fabrics before ironing them,
set the tumble drier to the 'iron dry' programme.
• If the fabrics are damp enough, turn off the steam regulator
• Stand the iron upright during pauses. Resting it horizontally
with the steam regulator on generates wasted steam.
001 TB76..GB sensorSecure/03/13
This iron has been designed according to ecological criteria,
related to the sustainable development, analyzing its whole
lifecycle - from material selection to its later reusing or recycling
- evaluating the improvement possibilities, from a technical,
economical and environmental point of view.
Before throwing a used appliance away, you should make it
noticeably inoperable e.g. cut off the mains lead and be certain
to dispose of it in accordance with current laws and regulations.
Your retailer, town council or local council can give you detailed
information about these.
This appliance is labelled in accordance with
European Directive 2012/19/EU concerning
used electrical and electronic appliances
(waste electrical and electronic equipment -
The guideline determines the framework for
the return and recycling of used appliances as applicable
throughout the EU.
Before using the Iron for the first time
Please carry out the following steps:
1. Remove the protective cover from the soleplate before using
2. While the iron is unplugged, fill the water tank (E) with tap water
3. Plug the appliance into the mains and set the temperature
control (I) to the "max" position by lining it up with the pointer
(H) on the iron.
4. When the iron has reached the correct temperature, the pilot
lamp (K) goes out. Set the steam regulator (C) to the maximum
5. Hold the iron horizontally and repeatedly press the shot of steam
button (A). Any residue should come out of the soleplate (F).
It may smoke and smell – this is normal and will cease after a
6. If necessary, carefully clean the soleplate down with a dry,
The terms of the guarantee for this appliance are in accordance
with that stated by our representative for the country in which
it is sold. Details of those conditions can be obtained from the
retailer from whom the appliance was purchased. The SALES
RECEIPT must be presented when making any claims against the
terms of this guarantee. We reserve the right to make technical