• Enhance tools
▪ To automatically enhance brightness, contrast, and clarity in your scan, tap
▪ To remove unwanted areas, tap the
The tool always removes the smaller of the two pieces and deletes the smaller mass. Tap
▪ To improve the look of the scan, tap
turn off the tool.
• Share tools
▪ To save your scan to your iPad, tap Save. You can save the scan as an STL, PLY, or OBJ file format; the formats will work in
any 3D modeling software.
▪ To access your saved scan file and transfer it to your computer:
a. Connect the iPad to your computer.
b. Open iTunes.
c. Click the
tab, and then select iSense.
Documents, select the file, and then click
e. Select a folder on your computer where you want the file to be located.
▪ You can upload your scan in order to share and cloud print on Cubify.com:
a. Tap Upload.
b. Log in to your Cubify account.
If you don't already have an account, tap SIgnup, at the top of the screen, and complete the registration process.
c. After your account has been authorized, enter a
d. Click OK.
A message is displayed, informing you that your model was uploaded successfully.
e. Click OK.
▪ The design will be put on your Shelf, which is your personal gallery for organizing your designs. You can specify whether your
Shelf is public or private. You can also specify the privacy settings on a per-design basis.
The Help menu provides the following options:
• About - shows information about the iSense scanner and software.
• Acknowledgments - displays information about copyrights and contributor acknowledgments.
• Controls - shows the navigation gestures screen.
• Device Info - lists information about the battery, serial number, firmware revision, and hardware revision for your iPad.
• Tutorial - shows on-screen tips for each step of the scanning process.
• User Guide - displays a PDF of the iSense User Guide.
3D Systems, Inc.
tool and drag your finger to draw a line that defines the area you want to slice away.
Up, and drag your finger over the area you want to improve. Tap
for the file, and an optional Description.
again to turn off the tool.