COLOR TELEVISION • This Service Manual contains the additional information “NOTICES BEFORE REPAIRING”, “DISASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS” and “ADJUSTMENT” for the model TV-AS215 (NH). If requiring the other information, see Service Manual of TV-AS215 (NH), (S/M Code No. 09-99B-416-8R1). S/M Code No. 09-003-416-8S2...
NOTICES BEFORE REPAIRING To make the best use of this equipment, make sure to obey the following items when repairing (or mending). 1. Do not damage or melt the tunicate of the leading Insulation resistance: 1.5 to 3.0 MΩ (500 V/s) wire on the AC1 side, including the power supply Voltage-withstand: 1.2 kV for 1 minute cord.
DISASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS 1. REAR CABINET REMOVAL Front cabinet (1) Remove four screws 1, and three screws 2, then remove the rear cabinet in the direction of the arrow. (See Figure1-1) Rear cabinet Figure 1-1 2. HIGH-VOLTAGE CAP (ANODE CAP) REMOVAL 2-1.
(5) Push the anode cap with your thumb in the direction of arrow 1 as shown in the figure, then lift the cap in the direction of arrow 2 to release the hook on one side. (See Figure 2-3) Anode cap Hook Hook Figure 2-3...
(3) Eliminate twisting, etc. of the high-voltage cable and High-voltage cable Anode cap arrange it so that no twisting occurs. (See Figure 3-3) Caution : If the cable is not arranged correctly, the anode cap could turn and cause an installation defect. Figure 3-3 (4) Turn over the rubber cap symmetrically on the left and right.
(6) Apply the hook on one side to the anode button as shown on the figure. (See Figure 3-6) Caution : Check that the hook is held securely. (7) Apply the hook on the other side to the anode button as Hook shown in Figure 3-7.
4. NK C.B REMOVAL Front cabinet (1) Disconnect CN904 (CRT GND). (2) Disconnect CN901, CN902. CN801 (3) Remove the NK C.B. in the direction of arrow 1. (Power Cord) (See Figure 4-1) CN802 5. MAIN C.B REMOVAL (Degauss cord) (1) Remove connector (CN401). NK C.B (2) Remove connector (CN801).
ADJUSTMENT 1. CRT Adjustment Set-Up For Adjustment Because the video signal output from a pattern generator is used as the adjustment signal input during adjustment, the video signal output from 1-1. Precautions the pattern generator must conform with the specifications. Measure the (1) Receive the white raster signal, and then perform aging for at least output waveform across 75 Ω...
(3) Beam convergence adjustment (6-pole magnet) (2) Beam convergence adjustment (4-pole magnet) With a 4-pole magnet align the G beam with the already aligned Align the R beam with the B beam. The G beam does not move R/B beam. with this adjustment.
1-3. Beam Landing Adjustment As there is occurrence of convergence distortion after completing the landing adjustments, be sure to carry out convergence (1) Receive the green raster signal from the pattern generator. adjustments. (2) Loosen the magnet lock screw, and shift the magnet assembly backward (toward the neck).
1-4. Beam Center Convergence Adjustment 1-5. The Surrounding Convergence Adjustment Perform this adjustment after completion of adjustment 1-4. Make adjustments on the convergence with 4-pole and 6-pole magnets. (1) Shake the deflecting yoke up, down to the right and left, and adjust Operate each magnet in relation to the electron beam as shown in Figs.
Setting of IIC BUS Data This model is designed to adjust most parts of the image projection and deflection system by using the jig remote controller. Preparations : • Modify the hidden keys on the RC-6VT06 jig remote controller (TV-C142/86-LB4-951-010) so that they can easily be pressed. 2 keys to be modified.
3. Display of “CRT ON” accumulated hours The CRT usage time is accumulated on an hourly basis and is displayed in hexadecimal figures. Sample calculation of displayed hexadecimal figures : AFT OK 1234 H NH2 • The display will be reset to 0000H when the accumulated hours exceed 7FFFH(32768 hours).
Electrical Adjustment J403 BT301 TP102 TP101 (IF) L201 (RF AGC) J401 TP302 TU101 TP203 IC301 IC303 (FM DET) J402 TP202 TP201 (AFT) C332 IC402 TP702 TP701 L205 IC701 T601 (FBT) T601 (FBT) FORCUS SCREEN R903 R902 TP902 S901 – 14 –...
• Operate after inputting the following initial figures when replacing EEP ROM. • Check the condition and adjust the area where the general repair is carried out. TV-AS215 1-1. H POS Horizontal Positioning / Adjustment Menu Screen : PAGE 1-1...
1-4. OSD POS OSD Positioning / Adjustment Menu Screen : PAGE 1-4 Input signal : Not specified • Adjust + mark positions on both left and right in the equal distance towards the screen edge. A = B (Fig. 1-4) 1-5.
Drive Adjustment : 2-3. Using the volume keys on the jig remote controller, bring the figure of 4. G DRIVE up to more than 200 till the color becomes greenish. 2-4. Reduce the numeric figure to the point where the greenish color disappears completely. 2-5.
3-4. SUB COLOR Sub-color Adjustment / Adjustment Menu Screen : PAGE 3-4 Input signal : Color bar VIDEO IN Measuring instrument : Oscilloscope Pattern generator Test point : TP302/BT301(wire connector) 3 pin 1. Connect oscilloscope to TP302 2. Use the volume keys of the jig remote controller and adjust the top and bottom excursions of waveform to be linear as shown in the Fig.
Test Point : IC701 1 pin TV-R 1.Connect oscilloscope to TP701 (IC701 1 pin). 2.Receive TV channel 2. 3.PAGE 5-3 Use the volume keys on the jig remote controller to adjust IC701 1 pin to the minimum voltage waveform as shown in the Fig. 5-2 (Fig. 5-3) 4.
2–11, IKENOHATA 1–CHOME, TAITO-KU, TOKYO 110, JAPAN TEL:03 (3827) 3111 9820543 Printed in Singapore...