Bosch Axxis® Washer Quick Start
Congratulations, you have chosen a modern, high-quality home appliance from Bosch. The washing
machine features both water and energy savings. To get started using your washing machine, please
read the directions below.
1. We recommend HE (High efficiency) detergents because they are particularly designed to
deliver optimum performance from your front-loading washer. Not using HE detergent could
cause problems such as oversudsing, extended cycle periods, or a decrease in wash
performance. Please read manufacture directions for amount.
2. Before the first wash, run one time with no laundry. Open water tap and fill with
approximately 1 liter of water and afterwards fill ½ measuring cup of detergent into dispenser
II. Select Cotton Hot cycle and then Start/Pause. At the end of the cycle, set the cycle
selector to Off.
3. The dispenser does not have a bleach option. For washing white clothes, the hot water cycles
use an internal water heater to provide a very efficient cleaning result with low amounts of
washing detergent. This is an environment friendly process and gentler on clothes.
4. Dispenser I is for liquid detergent. To prepare dispenser for using liquid detergent, pull drawer
completely out by pressing down on drawer removal mechanism in center of dispenser. Push
dispenser forwards in section I. If not using liquid detergent, push dispenser in the up position.
The center position of the dispenser drawer, indicated with a flower sign, is for using liquid
starch or fabric softener. It is recommended to dilute thick starch and fabric softener with
water. Position II is to be used when using powder or gel detergents.
5. Before washing your clothes, empty pockets and wash new items separately.
6. Select clothes cycle with dial and additional options by selecting buttons. All buttons are
sensitive and only need to be touched briefly. Continued pressing of the option buttons causes
automatic sequence of the setting options.
7. The Heavy Duty option is intended for heavily soiled and multiple stains. Cold water will be
introduced and will graduate into warm, hot, and sanitize depending on cycle selection. Please
see Use and Care manual for detailed information on cycles and options.
8. The cycles are time-controlled for lightly soiled fabrics. If fabrics are heavily soiled, reduce
the load or select additional functions, e.g. Heavy duty option.
9. For best results, it is recommended to load the drum depending on the fabric type: Full Load:
Cottons and Linens; ½ Load: Permanent Press, Synthetic Blends and Ply Knits; 1/3 Load:
Wool, Delicates, Silk.
10. Upon completion of a cycle, leave door ajar for a short period of time to ensure complete
drying of the interior.