To use the printer safely
There are high voltage electrodes inside the
printer. Before you clean the inside of the
printer, make sure you have turned off the
power switch and unplugged the printer from
the AC power outlet.
Do not handle the plug with wet hands. Doing
this might cause an electrical shock.
After you have just used the printer, some
internal parts of the printer are extremely hot.
When you open the front or back cover of the
printer, never touch the shaded parts shown in
The fuser unit is marked a caution label.
Please do not remove or damage the label.
Do not use a vacuum cleaner to clean up scattered toner. Doing this might cause the toner dust to
ignite inside the vacuum cleaner, potentially starting a fire. Please carefully clean the toner dust with
a dry, lint-free cloth and dispose of it according to local regulations.
DO not use flammable substances near the printer. Doing this might cause a fire or electrical shock.
Cleaning the outside of the printer:
Make sure you have turned off the power switch and unplugged the printer from the AC power outlet.
Use neutral detergents. Cleaning with volatile liquids such as thinner or benzine will damage the outside
surface of the printer.
Do not use cleaning materials that contain ammonia.
Open the back cover
Inside the printer