Do not remove the caps from the lines or system connection
points until connections are ready to be completed.
To protect the unit when welding close to the painted
surfaces, the use of a quenching cloth is strongly advised
to prevent scorching or marring of the equipment finish.
Solder with a minimum of 5% silver is recommended.
All cut ends are to be round, burr free, and cleaned. Failure to
follow this practice increases the chances for refrigerant
The suction line is spun closed and requires a pipe cutter to
remove the closed end.
Cool all welded joints with water or a wet rag.
For the correct tubing size, follow the specification for the
This product is factory-shipped under pressure. Follow
these instructions to prevent injury.
Check Orifice and Connect Tubing
1. Loosen the ¹³⁄₁₆" nut 1 turn only.
NOTE: No pressure loss indicates a possible leak.
2. Remove the nut and discard the plastic or brass cap.
3. Remove the check piston to verify it is correct, and then
replace the piston. See piston kit chart in instructions.
4. Use a tube cutter to remove the spin closure on the suction
5. Remove the tailpiece clamped to the exterior.
6. Slide the ¹³⁄₁₆" nut into position on the tailpiece.
7. Braze the tailpiece to the liquid tube.
8. Insert the suction line into the connection.
9. Slide the insulation and the rubber grommet at least 18"
(45.7 cm) away from the braze joint.
10. Braze the suction line.
© 2009. All rights reserved.
®Registered Trademark/TM Trademark of Whirlpool, U.S.A.,
Manufactured under license by Tradewinds Distributing Company, LLC., Jacksonville, Florida
†®Teflon is a registered trademark of Dupont.
11. After the tailpiece has cooled, verify the position of the white
seal and hand tighten the nut.
B. ¹³⁄₁₆ " nut
C. Plastic or brass cap
12. Torque the ¹³⁄₁₆" nut to 20 to 30 ft-lbs. (2.77 to 4.15 m-kg).
Excessive torque can cause orifices to stick. Use the
proper torque settings when tightening orifices.
13. Replace the suction line grommet and insulation.
A. Suction line with spin closure
B. Rubber grommet
ASSISTANCE OR SERVICE
If you need further assistance, you can write to the below
address with any questions or concerns:
Home Cooling and Heating
14610 Breakers Drive
Jacksonville, FL 32258
Please include a daytime phone number in your correspondence.
To order accessories contact your Whirlpool
E. White Teflon
Home Cooling and
Printed in U.S.A.