FIG. 1 Components (Fig. 1) A. Fuel cap (if equipped) B. Fuel tank (if equipped) C. Oil fill/dipstick D. Oil drain E. Crank shaft PTO F. Air filter G. On/Off switch (if equipped) H. Set throttle control I. Choke lever J.
– This manual contains important WHAT CAN HAPPEN HOW TO PREVENT IT instructions for models DW650LAG, DW90LAG, DW13LAG that instructions for models DW650LAG, DW90LAG, DW13LAG that • Spilled gas o line and it’s • Shut off en gine and allow it to...
• Non-functioning or missing • Make sure spark-arresting • Unattended operation • Always remain in attendance spark-arresting muffler may muffler is in place and not of this product could with the engine when it is cause fire. damaged. result in personal injury operating.
WARNING: RISK OF HOT SURFACES DANGER: RISK OF INJURY OR PROP ER TY DAMAGE WHEN TRANSPORTING OR STORING WHAT CAN HAPPEN HOW TO PREVENT IT WHAT CAN HAPPEN HOW TO PREVENT IT • Touching exposed metal • Never touch any exposed •...
• Moving parts such as the • Never operate the engine with pulley, flywheel, and belt can guards or covers which are cause serious injury if they damaged or removed. come into contact with you WARNING: RISK OF UNSAFE OPERATION •...
VISCOSITY-AMBIENT TEMPERATURE CHART CAUTION: RISK FROM NOISE WHAT CAN HAPPEN HOW TO PREVENT IT 10W-30 • Under some conditions, • ALWAYS wear certified applications and duration of safety equipment: ANSI S12.6 use, noise from this product (S3.19) hearing protection. 5W-30 may contribute to hearing loss.
NOTE: Fuel system damage or performance problems result- tank (B). Do not fill above the shoulders on the debris screen ing from the use of an oxygenated fuel containing more than the (P) as shown. NOTE: The debris screen protects the engine percentages of oxygenates mentioned above are not covered under from dirt and debris, only remove screen when cleaning.
High altitude performance can be improved by specific modifica- Maintenance Chart tions to the carburetor. If you always operate your engine at altitudes above 1,524 meters (5,000 feet), have your authorized service cen- ter perform a carburetor modification. PROCEDURE Even with a carburetor modification, engine horsepower will decrease about 3.5% for each 300 meter (1,000 feet) increase in altitude.
WARNING: Using gasoline or flam mable solvent to clean the filter element can cause a fire or explosion. Warning: Hot surfaces. Risk of burn. Engine and surrounding WARNING: Risk of fire. Do not operate without air filter. parts are very hot, do not touch (see the Hot Surfaces identified in TO CLEAN THE ELEMENTS Figure 1).
4. Remove the oil drain plug (D). 6. Make sure the spark plug washer is in good condition. Thread the spark plug in by hand to prevent cross threading. 5. Allow ample time for all oil to drain out. 7. After the spark plug is seated, tighten with a spark plug wrench 6.
2. Use brush to remove carbon deposits from the spark arrester Storage screen. Inspect the spark arrester screen for holes or tears. WARNING: If the engine has been running, the muffler will be Replace the spark arrester if necessary. very hot. To reduce the risk of injury, allow engine to cool before WARNING: Always wear certified safety equipment: ANSI Z87.1 eye proceeding.
Code Possible Cause Possible solution Code Possible Cause Possible solution No spark Check spark plug wire. If Low or no fuel Add fuel problem is not corrected, contact Bad fuel Drain fuel tank and replace with WALT factory service center fresh, clean, regular unleaded or a D WALT authorized service...
Code Possible Cause Possible solution Governor spring Contact a D WALT factory bent or lost service center or a D WALT authorized service center. Spark arrester Clean and replace clogged Dirty carburetor Contact a D WALT factory service center or a D WALT authorized service center.
ENGINE SPECIFICATIONS DW650LAG DW90LAG DW13LAGF Dry weight (approximate) 38 lbs. (17.38 kg) 59 lbs. (26.70 kg) 72 lbs. (32.80 kg) Dimensions (LxWxH) For dimensions, see shop manual installation drawings Type Air cooled, 4 cycle single cylinder, spark ignited Fuel Regular, unleaded gasoline (minimum 86 octane)