Rear Brake Fluid Level
1. Remove the right side cover.
2. Straddle the motorcycle and bring it to the fully upright position.
3. View the brake fluid through the reservoir. The fluid should be
clear. Replace cloudy or contaminated fluid.
4. The fluid level should be between the minimum and maximum
marks on the reservoir. Add fluid as needed. See page 106.
1. Inspect all brake hoses and connections for dampness or stains
from leaking or dried fluid.
2. Tighten any leaking connections and replace components as
Inspect front and rear brake pad thickness. Replace brake pads when wear lines are no longer visible, or when pad
thickness reaches 1.5 mm. See page 108.