Accessory Selection and Installation
Because VICTORY cannot test and make specific recommendations concerning every accessory or combination of
accessories sold, the operator is responsible for determining that the motorcycle can be safely operated with any
accessories or additional weight. Use the following guidelines when choosing and installing accessories:
• Do not install accessories that impair the stability, handling or operation of the motorcycle. Before installing an
accessory, be sure that it does not:
- Reduce ground clearance when the motorcycle is either leaning or upright.
- Limit suspension or steering travel or your ability to operate controls.
- Displace you from your normal riding position.
- Obscure lights or reflectors.
• Do not install bulky or large accessories that can cause instability (due to the lifting or buffeting effects of wind)
and loss of control.
• Do not install electrical accessories that exceed the capacity of the electrical system. Never install higher wattage
light bulbs than those supplied as original equipment. An electrical failure could result and cause hazardous loss of
engine power or lights, or damage to the electrical system.
• Always install accessories designed and approved by VICTORY specifically for your model, especially a wind-
shield, backrest or luggage rack. An improperly designed or installed windshield, backrest or luggage rack can
reduce stability, causing loss of control. Follow the instructions for proper installation and use.