Removal From Storage
1. Remove the cover and unlock the front forks (if locked).
2. Verify that tire pressure is at specification.
3. Install the battery and perform an electrical inspection.
4. Change the oil and filter before starting the engine. See page 75, beginning with step 3.
5. Inspect the storage area for signs of fluid leaks. Identify and perform service to any leaking components.
NOTICE: During storage, temperature and humidity changes can cause condensation to form in the crankcase and mix with
engine oil. Running the engine with oil that contains condensation can cause engine damage.
6. Install new spark plugs if necessary.
7. Wash and polish the motorcycle. Wax, polish, or apply protectant to appropriate components.
8. Perform the pre-ride inspections. See page 45.
9. Perform a road test. See page 71.