Safe Riding Practices
Follow these general safe riding practices:
• Before each ride, perform the pre-ride inspections. See page 45. Failure to do so may result in damage to the motor-
cycle or an accident.
• Follow all break-in procedures during the first 500 miles (800 km) of operation. See page 59. Failure to do so can
result in serious engine damage.
• Until you're thoroughly familiar with the motorcycle and all of its controls, practice riding where there is little or no
traffic. Practice riding at a moderate speed on various road surfaces and in different weather conditions.
• Know your skills and limits, and ride within them.
• Allow only licensed, experienced operators to ride your motorcycle, and then only after they have become familiar
with its controls and operation. Make sure all riders read and understand this owner's manual before riding.
• Do not ride when you're fatigued or under the influence of alcohol, prescription drugs, over-the-counter drugs or
any other drugs.
• If your motorcycle operates abnormally, correct the problem immediately. See the VICTORY Service Manual or
your authorized VICTORY dealer. Continued operation could aggravate the initial problem, increase the cost of
repairs and threaten your safety.