Rear Brake Fluid
Check the rear brake fluid level. See page 53. The fluid level should be between the minimum and maximum marks
on the reservoir. Add fluid as needed. Replace cloudy or contaminated fluid.
Use DOT4 brake fluid in the brake fluid reservoir. Use fluid only from a sealed, clean container.
Do not operate the brake while the reservoir cover is removed. Fluid could overflow from the reservoir and cause air
to enter the fluid system.
WARNING! Using the wrong fluid or allowing air or contaminants into the fluid system can damage the system seals or result in a
malfunction that could lead to serious injury or death.
1. Secure the motorcycle in a vertical position with an appropriate motorcycle lift.
2. Remove the right side cover.
3. Wipe the fluid container and the area around the reservoir cover with a clean cloth.
NOTICE: Brake fluid will damage painted surfaces and plastic parts. Always clean spilled brake fluid immediately with water and
a mild detergent.
4. Remove the reservoir cover and gasket.
5. Carefully add fluid to the recommended level.
6. Reinstall the reservoir gasket and cover.
7. Reinstall the right side cover.