Hydraulic Clutch Fluid
Check the hydraulic clutch fluid level. See page 56. The fluid level should be
at or above the top of the sight glass. Add fluid as needed. Replace cloudy or
Use DOT4 brake fluid in the hydraulic clutch reservoir. Use fluid only from a
sealed, clean container.
Do not operate the clutch while the reservoir cover is removed. Fluid could
overflow from the reservoir and cause air to enter the fluid system.
WARNING! Using the wrong fluid or allowing air or contaminants into the fluid system
can damage the system seals or result in a malfunction that could lead to serious injury
1. Straddle the motorcycle and bring it to the fully upright position. Position
the handlebars so that the fluid reservoir is level.
2. Wipe the fluid container and the area around the reservoir cover with a
3. Remove the reservoir cover and gasket.
4. Carefully add fluid to the recommended level.
5. Reinstall the reservoir gasket and cover.
Clutch Fluid Sight Glass