Fuel Tank Removal/Installation
4. With the engine and exhaust cool, wrap a clean shop towel
around the fuel line fitting at the fuel rail. Disconnect it from
the fuel rail by squeezing both release buttons
simultaneously. Gently slide the fitting from the fuel rail.
NOTICE: Fuel can damage painted surfaces and plastic parts. Wipe up
spilled fuel immediately using a clean, dry, soft cloth.
5. Lift the fuel tank and unplug the fuel pump wire harness at
the rear of the tank. At the rear left side of the tank,
disconnect the tank vent hose (California models) and the
water drain hose.
6. Carefully remove the fuel tank. Be prepared to catch
dripping fuel in an appropriate container.
7. To reinstall the fuel tank, reverse the removal steps, routing
the fuel supply hose to the right of the breather hose.
8. Reinstall the fuel line fitting to the fuel rail by sliding the
quick-connect onto the rail connector until you hear it click.
9. Reinstall the fuel tank mounting screws.
Torque: 35 ft-lb. (47.5 Nm)
10. Reinstall the fuel line access cover. Reinstall the seat.