I M P O R T A N T S A F E G U A R D S
When using electrical appliances, basic
safety precautions should always be
followed, including the items listed below:
1. Read all instructions.
2. Avoid contact with moving parts.
3. To protect against electric shock, do not place
cord, plugs, or motor body in water or other
4. This appliance should not be used by children,
and care should be taken when using it near
5. Do not operate this appliance with a damaged
cord or plug, or after the appliance
malfunctions, or if it is dropped or damaged in
any manner. Return the appliance to the
nearest authorized dealer for inspection, repair
or electrical or mechanical adjustment.
6. Do not use outdoors.
7. Do not let the cord touch hot surfaces,
including the stove.
8. Do not let it hang over the edge of a table or
counter where it can be pulled on by children
or tripped over unintentionally.
9. Do not use this appliance for any purpose other
than its intended use.
10. Be sure to lock the chopper blade and chopper
in position before engaging in operation.
11. Use of any attachment not recommended or
sold by the manufacturer may cause fire,
electric shock, or injury.
12. To disconnect the blender, press the OFF
button. Unplug by grasping the plug and
pulling from the outlet. Never unplug it by
pulling the cord.
13. Do not remove any attachment from the motor
unit while the unit is running.
BLADES ARE SHARP
15. Keep hands and utensils out of container while
chopping food to reduce the risk of severe injury
to persons, or damage the food chopper. A scraper
may be used, but only when the food chopper
is not running.
16. Do not place the unit near any hot surface,
range, or electrical burners, or where it could
touch any other source of heat.
17. When mixing liquids, especially hot liquids, use
When mixing liquids, especially hot liquids, use
a tall container, or make small quantities at a
time to reduce spillage.
Do not attempt to defeat the cover interlock mechanics.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Consumer Safety Information
THIS UNIT IS FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY
This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider
than the other). To reduce the risk of electric shock, the
plug will fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug
does not fully fit the outlet, reverse the plug and reinsert.
If it still doesn't fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not
modify the plug in any way.
Your immersion blender is equipped with a power supply
cord as a safety precaution to prevent personal injury or
property damage resulting from pulling, tripping or
becoming entangled with a longer cord. Do not allow
children to use or be near the blender without adult
supervision. If an extension cord is used, (1) the marked
electrical rating of the extension cord should be at least as
great as the electrical rating of the appliance, (2) the cord
should not drape over the countertop where it can be
pulled on by children or tripped over, (3) if the appliance
is of the grounded type, the extension cord should be a
grounded 3-wire cord.
ELECTRICAL SHOCK HAZARD
Plug the unit into a properly grounded electrical outlet.
Failure to follow these instructions can result in death,
fire, or electrical shock.