– English • Always wear approved protective gloves. • Use anti-slip and stable boots. • Only use non-metallic, flexible cutting elements, that is trimmer head with trimmer cord. Other symbols/decals on the machine refer to special certification requirements for certain markets.
Husqvarna AB has a policy of continuous product development and therefore reserves the right to modify the design and appearance of products without prior notice. WARNING! Under no circumstances may the design of the machine be modified without the permission of the manufacturer. Always use genuine accessories.
It is extremely important that you read and understand the content of this manual. • When using a brush cutter, brushcutter or trimmer, personal protective equipment approved by the appropriate authorities must be used. Personal protective equipment does not eliminate the risk of accidents, however, it can reduce the effects of an injury in the event of an accident.
7. Cutting equipment 1) Grass blades are intended for brush cutting. 2) The trimmer head is intended for trimming grass. 8. Locking nut A locking nut is used to secure some types of cutting equipment on the output shaft.
Control, maintenance and service of the machine‘s safety equipment IMPORTANT INFORMATION • All service and repairs to the machine require special training. • This applies especially to the machine‘s safety equipment. If the machine does not meet any of the controls listed below you should contact your service workshop.
6. Cutting equipment This section describes how through correct maintenance and through using the right type of cutting equipment you can: • Reduce the machine‘s tendency to kickback • Obtain maximum cutting capacity. • Increase the service life of the cutting equipment. The three basic rules: 1)Only use the cutting and guard equipment...
General safety instructions IMPORTANT INFORMATION • The machine is only designed for trimming grass and brush cutting. • The only accessories to be used with the engine unit as a drive source are the cutting units we recommend in the chapter “Technical data“ . •...
IMPORTANT INFORMATION • This section takes up the basic safety precautions for working with the brush cutter and trimmer. • If you encounter a situation where you are uncertain how to proceed you should ask an expert. Contact your dealer or your service workshop.
• Grass trimming is a general term for light clearing, e.g. around edges or around trees. A trimmer head or plastic blade is used. WARNING! Sometimes grass can collect in the spray guard and cutting head. Always stop the engine when cleaning.
– English SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS Trimming • The trimmer is ideal to cut grass that is difficult to reach using a normal lawn mower. Keep the cord parallel to the ground when cutting.
What is what on the grass trimmer and the brushcutter? Blade Grease filler cap Angle gear Blade guard Shaft Locking button for start throttle Throttle Stop switch Throttle trigger lock Cylinder cover Starter handle Fuel tank Choke Air filter cover...
Assembling the J-handle WARNING Only grass blades or trimmer heads/ plastic blades may be used when the J- handle is fitted. Clearing blades must never be used with the J-handle. • Fit the handle using the 4 screws about 30 cm in front of the throttle lever on the shaft.
• Insert the locking pin (C) into the hole to lock the axle. • Screw on the trimmer head (H) in the direction of rotation. • Dismantling takes place in the reverse order. Assembling the spray guard (Install the cord cutter and guard extension to the spray guard.)
Cable adjustment • Throttle cable should be paralleled to flexible shaft. In case of twisting, they should be restored by parallel. • Throttle cable should be adjusted under the bended flexible shaft as shown. 1)Loosen the lock-nut (C) and adjust the cable adjuster sleeve (D) so the stop on the carburettor throttle cam just contacts...
Mixing ratio 1:50 (2%). • If Husqvarna two-stroke oil is not available you can use a high quality two-stroke oil intended for air cooled engines. Contact your dealer when selecting an oil. Mixing ratio: 1:25 (4%).
Replace the guard if it is exposed to impact or is cracked. • Check that the trimmer head and spray guard are not damaged or cracked. Replace the trimmer head or spray guard if they are exposed to impact or are cracked.
Carburettor Your Husqvarna product has been designed and manufac- tured to specifications that reduce harmful emissions. After your unit has been run 8-10 tanks of fuel the engine has broken in. To ensure that your unit is at peak perform-...
Cooling system To maintain as low an operating temperature as possible the engine is equipped with a cooling system. The cooling system consists 1. An air intake on the starter unit. 2. Cooling fins on the flywheel. 3. Cooling fins on the cylinder 4.
However, before using the machine you should check that the angle gear is filled to 3/4 with grease. Use Husqvarna special grease. Normally, the grease does not need to be changed except when the angle gear is repaired.
An uncentred blade causes vibrations that can result in damage to the machine. 9. Check that the trimmer head is undamaged and not cracked. Replace the trimmer head if necessary. 10. Check that the locking nut is tight.
The noise and vibration measurments are made with all for the machine approved cutting equipment. The maximum and minimum values are stated in the table above. Approved accessories 142RB/152RB Centre hole in blades Ø 20 mm Threaded blade axle M12 Grass blade/grass knife Trimmer head Support cup TECHNICAL DATA 142RB 41,5/2,53 40/1,57...
We, Husqvarna AB, S-561 82 Huskvarna, Sweden, tel. +46 36-146500, declare under sole responsibility that the brush cutters Husqvarna 142RB/152RB from the serial numbers of 1999 and onwards (the year is clearly stated in plain text on the type plate with subsequent serial number), is in conformity with the following standards or other normative documents following the provisions in the COUNCIL’S DIRECTIVES:...