a new approach
While all DLP
TVs share common characteristics,
you can really see the differences in HP MDTVs in
the areas of picture, sound, connectivity, styling,
and ease of use.
The 720p TVs—50-inch and 58-inch models—are
entry-level, offering great picture quality and ease
of setup. The higher end 1080p TVs, the 58-inch
and 65-inch models, feature advanced picture
technology, and are two of the few 1080p TVs on
the market capable of receiving and displaying
native 1080p compressed and uncompressed HD
content through HDMI at three frame rates. This
gives the consumer the opportunity to select from
price and feature options to fit individual budgets
and taste. HP is future-proofing the consumer's
HP Visual Fidelity: the science of great image quality
HP's rich assets and printing technology intelligence
have been employed to transform the art and science
of display. When we say "HP Visual Fidelity," we're
talking about HP technologies that work together
to provide outstanding image quality and color:
• HP Wobulation/resolution enhancement
• Color science
• Image processing and rendering
• Viewing experience
HP MDTV features
HP Visual Fidelity
• HP Wobulation uses resolution doubling to produce
clean, crisp images and virtually eliminates
• The DynamicBlack
for a smoother picture, vivid colors, fine detail,
and darker blacks.
• The white point in these TVs is truly white, making
it possible to see natural subjects in natural colors.
• The 1080p models (md5880n and md6580n)
are capable of receiving and displaying native
1080p compressed and uncompressed HD content
(through HDMI at three frame rates).
• HP-enhanced DLP technology and a brighter bulb
sharpen contrast ratios while delivering more vivid
color and less fall-off.
• Picture uniformity across the screen makes for
an ultra-wide viewing angle, both horizontal
• The screen's flatness and focal length improve
image sharpness and virtually eliminate glare
• The brighter 150-watt DC UHP lamp produces
more vivid color, more contrast, and less fall-off,
with no flicker. The picture is rich with detail,
even in daylight.
• The color wheel and lamp work together to deliver
more natural colors, especially noticeable in
realistic skin tones and truer greens.
• Color temperature is lower and warmer overall,
for a more true-to-life picture.
• Lighted, front connection panel provides inputs
for common sources such as a TV antenna and
cable service, a DVD player, an audio/video
receiver, a VCR, a personal digital video recorder,
an HD camcorder, a video gaming device, a
personal computer, and a satellite receiver.
• The 1080p TVs are Digital Cable Ready with an
integrated CableCARD slot. The 720p TVs allow
for an optional CableCARD tuner module,
eliminating the need for a separate cable box.
aperture enhances resolution