DVD Navigation System with 6.5" Wide TFT Display and Dual-DVD Multi-Source Receiver MODEL INSTALLATION MANUAL Be sure to read this installation manual thoroughly prior to installation and making connections. If installation methods or non-standard parts not specified in this installation manual are used, accidents or injury may result.
Components Components Check that all of the following components are present Check that all of the following components are present Main unit components Main unit x 1 Interconnecting wires Interconnecting wires Interconnecting wires (Power and front speaker (Rear speaker wires) (Sub-woofer, line out, and steering wires) (6P) x 1...
or y our saf ety in using the A VN6000 or y our saf ety in using the A VN6000 Warnings and caution signs, illustrated below, are posted throughout this manual as well as on the AVN6000. They show safe and correct ways to handle the main unit to prevent personal injury to you and others and avoid damage to property.
• • Do not place the vinyl storage bag over a person's • • Do not operate the main unit in a malfunctioning head. It may cause a serious accident or death by condition, for instance, when the audio does not play. suffocation.
Installation Diag Installation Diag GPS antenna (When installing inside the vehicle) GPS antenna (When installing outside the vehicle) Main unit • • If installing the GPS antenna inside the vehicle, the location and the slope of the vehicle's windscreen will determine the accuracy of the GPS antenna to receive the GPS signal. If the GPS antenna location inside the vehicle is hindering the accuracy of the GPS antenna, then you may want to install the antenna outside the vehicle.
Name and functions of ter minals Name and functions of ter minals • • Never cut the insulation on the power wire or use it to power any other equipment. If the rated current capacity of the power wire is exceeded, fire and electric shocks may result. •...
, and Wire colours and connection points for interconnecting wires Never connect the power supply to the speaker wires (No.6 and No.7), otherwise it will cause damage to the main unit. Caution B+ (Yellow) Connect where power is constantly available, regardless of the ignition key's position. ACC (Red) Connect where the power comes on when the ignition is in the ACC position.
VCR output terminals Connect to a monitor with video input. Yellow : Video signal White : Audio(left) signal Red : Audio(right) signal VCR input terminals Connect to the output wire of an external video main unit such as a VCR. Yellow : Video signal White : Audio (left) signal Red : Audio (right) signal...
- Vehicle connections - • • You will need to purchase the necessary vehicle component adapter wire for the vehicle so that the power supplies can be utilized. (Contact the dealer for further details.) • • Be sure to wrap the interconnecting wires with electrical tape or use another insulation method to insulate them. - Example of using vehicle adapter wires - Vehicle harness Power supplies...
Connecting the v ehicle speed pulse , par king Connecting the v ehicle speed pulse , par king , and re erse wires , and re erse wires Notes on installation • • Check the vehicle speed pulse signal, parking brake signal, and reverse signal carefully before making the connections.
- Connecting point for parking brake signal (example) - Hand-operated Use a splicing connector to connect the parking parking brake brake signal wire (red/white) coming from the main unit to the parking brake signal wire of the vehicle. Route the parking brake signal wire to the main unit.
System connection e xample System connection e xample • • Never cut the insulation on the power wire or use it to power any other main unit. If the rated current capacity of the power wire is exceeded, fire and electric shocks may result. •...
Installing the GPS antenna Installing the GPS antenna Notes on installation • • The wires should be bound together with tape or a similar securing method (example: wire ties) so that they do not interfere with driving. If they become wound or entangled around parts such as the steering wheel, shifting lever, or brake pedal, accidents may result.
- Installation inside the vehicle (example) - Choose an installation location on the dashboard which is flat and has a clear view of the sky. Earthing plate GPS antenna • • Select a location that is at least 20 cm (8 in). away from the main unit.
- Installation outside the vehicle (example) - Choose an installation location where the GPS antenna can be attached securely. Remove the backing paper from the body GPS antenna protective sheet and attach the sheet to the Body protective sheet (clear) vehicle.
Installing the main unit Installing the main unit - Installation angle - To maintain proper function, the main unit must be Front mounted at an angle of less than 30 degrees. If the angle is in excess of 30 degrees, DVD/CD skipping and improper DVD/CD ejection may occur.