Be sure to keep this manual after installation for later reference. Customer should keep manual for reference. Contents Contents Components Before For your safety in using the AVN52D installation Installation Diagram Names and functions of terminals Connections Connecting the vehicle speed pulse, parking brake, and reverse wires...
Components Components Check that all of the following components are present Check that all of the following components are present Main unit components Main unit x 1 Interconnecting wires Interconnecting wires (Power and speaker wires, (Sub-woofer, line out, speed pulse, parking etc) (16P) x 1 brake, reverse, video out and steering remote...
A VN52D Warnings and caution signs, illustrated below, are posted throughout this manual as well as on the AVN52D. They show safe and correct ways to handle the main unit to prevent personal injury to you and others and avoid damage to property.
• • Do not place the vinyl storage bag over a person's • • Do not operate the main unit in a malfunctioning head. It may cause a serious accident or death by condition, for instance, when the audio does not play. suffocation.
Installation Diag Installation Diag GPS antenna (When installing inside the vehicle) GPS antenna (When installing outside the vehicle) Main unit • • If installing the GPS antenna inside the vehicle, the location and the slope of the vehicle's windshield will determine the accuracy of the GPS antenna to receive the GPS signal. If the GPS antenna location inside the vehicle is hindering the accuracy of the GPS antenna, then you may want to install the antenna outside of the vehicle.
Name and functions of ter minals Name and functions of ter minals • • Never cut the insulation on the power wire or use it to power any other equipment. If the rated current capacity of the power wire is exceeded, fire and electric shocks may result. •...
Wire colors and connection points for connection wires Never connect the power supply to the speaker wires (No.7 and No.8), otherwise it will cause damage to the main unit. Caution B+ (Yellow) Connect where power is constantly available, regardless of the ignition key's position. ACC (Red) Connect where the power comes on when the ignition is in the ACC position.
VTR output terminals Connect to the monitor with video input. Genuine steering remote control terminal Connect to the vehicle steering remote control. Compatible vehicle models for installation : Vehicles with voltage detection-type steering remote control. Ask your dealer for details. VTR input terminals Connect to the output wire of external video main unit such as a VTR.
- Vehicle connections - • • You will need to purchase the necessary vehicle component adapter wire for the vehicle so that the power supplies can be utilized. (Contact the dealer for further details.) • • Be sure to wrap the connection wires with electrical tape or another insulation method to insulate them. - Example of using vehicle adapter wires - Vehicle harness Power supplies...
Connecting the v ehicle speed pulse , par king Connecting the v ehicle speed pulse , par king , and re erse wires , and re erse wires Notes on installation • • Check the vehicle speed pulse signal, parking brake signal, and reverse signal carefully before making the connections.
- A connecting the point for parking brake signal (example) - Hand-operated Use a splicing connector to connect the parking parking brake brake signal wire (red/white) coming from the main unit to the parking brake signal wire of the vehicle. Route the parking brake signal wire to the main unit.
System connection e xample System connection e xample • • Never cut the insulation on the power wire or use it to power any other main unit. If the rated current capacity of the power wire is exceeded, fire and electric shocks may result. •...
Installing the GPS antenna Installing the GPS antenna Notes on installation • • The wires should be bound together with tape or a similar securing method (example: wire ties) so that they do not interfere with driving. If it becomes wound or entangled around parts such as the steering wheel, shifting lever, or brake pedal, accidents may result.
- Installation inside the vehicle (example) - Choose an installation location on the dashboard which is flat and has a clear view of the sky. Ground plate GPS antenna • • Select a location that is at least 20 in. away from the main unit.
- Installation outside the vehicle (example) - Choose an installation location where the GPS antenna can be attached securely. Remove the backing paper from the body GPS antenna protective sheet and attach the sheet to the Body protective sheet (clear) vehicle.
Installing the main unit Installing the main unit - Installation angle - To maintain proper function, the main unit must be Front mounted less than 30 degrees. If the angle is in excess of 30 degrees, DVD skipping and improper DVD ejection may occur.