Software Update and Recovery
Recovering from the Recovery Discs
To restore the system from the recovery discs:
1. Back up all personal files.
2. Insert the first recovery disc into the optical drive and restart
3. Follow the on-screen instructions.
Recovering from the Partition on the
You can perform a recovery from the partition on the hard drive
from either the Start button or
To restore the system from the partition:
1. Access the PC Recovery tool:
2. Select PC Recovery and click Next.
The computer restarts and the PC Recovery tool opens.
3. Click OK.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the system
If you want to perform a destructive recovery:
A destructive recovery formats the hard drive and restores the
computer to its factory state. Select this option only as a last
To access PC Recovery from the Start button, select
Start > All Programs > System Recovery >
To access PC Recovery from
while the "Press <F11> for recovery" message is
displayed on the screen.
The PC Recovery tool opens.
, restart the computer and
Maintenance and Service Guide