Remote Controller RC-5
®Battery holder release catch
Thank you for purchasing this Canon product.
Remote Controller RC-5 lets you to take pictures
away from the camera. Compared with the self-timer
function, the remote controller gives you more time
before shooting. It is also useful to minimize camera
shake when taking pictures such as night scenes or
close-ups when the camera is mounted on a tripod or
Remote Controller RC-5 can be used with Canon
cameras compatible with remote control shooting
1. Activate the remote controller sensor of the camera.
icon will be displayed.)
• Refer to camera instruction manual for the
procedure for activating the remote control
2. When the controller's signal transmitter is pointed
toward the camera and the transmit button is
pressed, the remote control operation indicator will
light/flash for 2 seconds before shooting. (Fig.1)
• With the RC-5, the shutter will be released 2
seconds after the transmit button is pressed.
• Maximum effective range is approximately 5 m/
16.4 f1. when the remote controller is directly facing
the camera. The distance decreases when shooting
at an angle.
• Remote control shooting may not be possible in