1. Important Please use approved power cord provided 1. Important by Philips all the time. If your power cord is missing, please contact with your local This electronic user’s guide is intended for service center. (Please refer to Customer anyone who uses the Philips monitor. Take time...
1. Important Temperature: 0-40°C 32-95°F 1.2 Notational Descriptions Humidity: 20-80% RH The following subsections describe notational Important information for Burn-in/Ghost conventions used in this document. image Notes, Cautions and Warnings Always activate a moving screen saver Throughout this guide, blocks of text may be program when you leave your monitor accompanied by an icon and printed in bold or unattended.
Taking back/Recycling Information for Customers Philips establishes technically and economically viable objectives to optimize the environmental performance of the organization's product, service and activities. From the planning, design and production stages, Philips emphasizes the important of...
2. Setting up the monitor Install the base 2. Setting up the monitor 1. Place the monitor face down on a smooth surface. Pay attention not to scratch or damage the screen. 2.1 Installation Package contents 241P4 2. Snap in the base in the VESA mount area. USB (optional) DVI (optional) VGA (optional)
2. Setting up the monitor Connecting to your PC Connect to PC 1. Connect the power cord to the back of 241P4QPYK 2. Turn off your computer and unplug its power cable. 3. Connect the monitor signal cable to the video connector on the back of your computer.
2. Setting up the monitor 241P4QRY: 2.2 Operating the monitor Description of the control buttons 241P4QPY: Switch monitor’s power ON and OFF. Access the OSD menu. Switch monitor’s power ON and OFF. Adjust the OSD menu. Access the OSD menu. ErgoSensor.
Description of the On Screen Display What is On-Screen Display (OSD)? On-Screen Display (OSD) is a feature in all Philips LCD monitors. It allows an end user to adjust screen performance or select functions of the monitors directly through an on-screen instruction window.
2. Setting up the monitor The OSD Menu 241P4QRY: Below is an overall view of the structure of Main menu Sub menu the On-Screen Display. You can use this as a ErgoSensor reference when you want to work your way around the different adjustments later on.
2. Setting up the monitor Height adjustment This monitor is designed for optimal performance at its native resolution, 1920 × 1080 @ 60 Hz. When the monitor is powered on at a different resolution, an alert is displayed on screen: Use 1920 × 1080 @ 60 Hz for best results.
2. Setting up the monitor 2.3 Remove the Base Assembly for Note VESA Mounting This monitor accepts a 100mm x 100mm VESA-Compliant mounting interface. Before you start disassembling the monitor base, please follow the instructions below to avoid any possible damage or injury. 1.
Whether you're your monitor. working with text applications, displaying images or watching a video, Philips SmartImage delivers Movie, Game, Economy and Off. great optimized monitor performance. Why do I need it?
The new SmartControl Premium software moving objects on screen, enhance contrast by Philips allows you to control your monitor ratio for bright and dark scheme, this via an easy to use on-screen graphic interface.
3. Image Optimization You can adjust more options without wizard by Standard pane. Start with Standard pane Adjust menu Adjust Menu allows you to adjust Brightness, Contrast, and Resolution. You can follow the instruction and do the adjustment. Cancel prompts user if you want to cancel installation.
3. Image Optimization 1. "Show Me" starts color calibration tutorial. 2. Start - starts the 6-step color calibration sequence. 3. Quick View loads the before/after images. 4. To return to Color home pane, click the Cancel button. 5. Enable color calibration - by default is on. If unchecked, does not allow for color calibration to happen, dimes out start and quick view buttons.
3. Image Optimization Eco Power menu First Color Calibration Screen Previous button is disabled until the second color screen. Next goes to the succeeding target (6-targets). Final next goes File > Presets pane. Options menu Cancel closes the UI and returns to the Options>Preferences - Will only be active plug in page.
3. Image Optimization Option>Auto Pivot. menu. Disabled removes SmartControl Premium from the right click context menu. Enable Task Tray icon is checked (On) by default. Enable context menu shows the task tray menu for SmartControl Premium. A right click on the task tray icon displays the menu options for Help, Technical Support.
3. Image Optimization To enable Theft Deterrence, click on On button Help>Version - Will only be active when to bring up the following screen: selecting Version from the drop- down Help menu. On a non-supported display capable of User can enter PIN between 4 and 9 digits DDC/CI, only the Help and Options tabs are numbers only.
3. Image Optimization - Displays the tech support page. - Takes the user to Chec PDI Landing and checks the user’s version against the most current available. About - Displays detailed reference information: product version, release information, and product name. The Context Menu has four entries: Exit - Close SmartControl Premium.
3. Image Optimization Drag and Drop Windows 3.4 SmartDesktop Guide SmartDesktop partition is selected a window can be dragged into the region and it will automatically align. SmartDesktop is in SmartControl Premium. When the window and mouse cursor are within Install SmartControl Premium and select the region, the region will become highlighted.
3. Image Optimization Title Bar Options Note If more than one display is attached, the user Desktop partition can be accessed from the title can select the targeted display to change the bar of the active window. This provides a quick partition.
3. Image Optimization Task Tray Right Click The task tray also contains most of the features supported in the title bar (with the exception of automatically sending a window to any partition). Find Windows – In some cases, the user may have sent multiple windows to the same partition.
3. Image Optimization Name Description Image Full Desktop Applies all settings to the entire desktop. Vertical Assesses the screen resolution and divides the display into two evenly sized vertical regions. Horizontal Assesses the screen resolution and divides the display into two evenly sized horizontal regions. Vertical Triple Assesses the screen resolution and divides the display into three evenly sized vertical regions.
3. Image Optimization Name Description Image Horizontal Split Top Assesses the screen resolution and divides the display into two evenly sized horizontal regions, the top region is single, the bottom region is spilt into two evenly sized regions For 90 Partition 1 on right side Vertical Partition 2&3 on left side Vertical.
4. PowerSensor™ Since some dark colored clothing tends to 4. PowerSensor™ absorb infrared signals even when the user is within 100 cm or 40 inches of the display, step up signal strength when wearing black or other dark clothes. (Available for 241P4QPY & 241P4QPYK) You can return to the default mode at any How does it work? time (Setting 3).
5. ErgoSensor (Available for 241P4QRY) Philips ErgoSensor is an innovative technology that advises users on how to sit in an ergonomically correct position at their computer. It uses a built-in sensor in the monitor to sense and measure the user’s behavior in terms of presence, posture and usage and then gives feedback for corrective actions.
6. Built-in Webcam with Microphone 6.2 Using the device 6. Built-in Webcam with Microphone Philips monitor with webcam device transmits video and sound data through USB port. It can be enabled by simply connecting your USB cable (Available for 241P4QPYK) from your PC to the USB upstream of USB hub on the side IO of monitor.
7. Technical Specifications Picture/Display Monitor Panel Type AMVA Backlight Panel Size 24" W (61cm) Aspect Ratio 16:9 Pixel Pitch 0.276 x 0.276 mm Brightness 250 cd/m² SmartContrast 20,000,000:1 Contrast Ratio (typ.) 3000:1 Response Time 12ms SmartResponse 5ms (GtG) Optimum Resolution 1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz Viewing Angle 178°...
241P4QPYK Power On Mode 27.8W (typ.), 45.5W (max.) On Mode(ECO mode) 15W (typ.) Energy Consumption AC Input Voltage AC Input Voltage AC Input Voltage (EnergyStar test method) at 100VAC , 50Hz at 115VAC , 60Hz at 230VAC, 50Hz Normal Operation 21.6W (typ.) 21.6W (typ.) 21.6W (typ.)
CE Mark, FCC Class B, SEMKO, cETLus, BSMI, CU, Regulatory Approvals C-TICK, UKRAINIAN, CCC, CECP Cabinet Color Black/Silver Finish Texture Note 1. EPEAT Gold or Silver is valid only where Philips registers the product. Please visit www.epeat.net for registration status in your country.
2. This data is subject to change without 7.1 Resolution & Preset Modes notice. Go to www.philips.com/support to Maximum Resolution 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz (analog input) 3. Smart response time is the optimum value 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz (digital input) from either G2G or G2G (BW) tests.
8. Power Management 8. Power Management If you have VESA DPM compliance display card or software installed in your PC, the monitor can automatically reduce its power consumption when not in use. If an input from a keyboard, mouse or other input device is detected, the monitor will 'wake up' automatically.
The brand owner demonstrates corporate electronic equipment have been adhered to social responsibility and has a certified in order to make Philips monitors safe to use environmental management system (EMAS throughout its life cycle. or ISO 14001)
9. Regulatory Infomation EPEAT EN61000-3-3:2008 (Limitation of Voltage Fluctuation and Flicker) following provisions (www.epeat.net) of directives applicable. The EPEAT (Electronic 2006/95/EC (Low Voltage Directive). Product Environmental 2004/108/EC (EMC Directive). Assessment Tool) program 2009/125/EC (ErP, Energy-related Product evaluates computer Directive, EC No. 1275/2008 and 642/2009 desktops, laptops, and monitors based on 51 Implementing) environmental criteria developed through...
9. Regulatory Infomation Energy Star Declaration approved by the party responsible for (www.energystar.gov) compliance could void the user's authority ® As an ENERGY STAR Partner, we to operate the equipment. have determined that this product Use only RF shielded cable that was supplied ®...
9. Regulatory Infomation EN 55022 Compliance (Czech Republic Only) Cependant, rien ne peut garantir l'absence d'interférences dans le cadre d'une installation particulière. Si cet appareil est la cause d'interférences nuisibles pour la réception des signaux de radio ou de télévision, ce qui peut être décelé en fermant l'équipement, puis en le remettant en fonction, l'utilisateur pourrait essayer de corriger la situation en prenant les mesures...
9. Regulatory Infomation North Europe (Nordic Countries) Information Ergonomie Hinweis (nur Deutschland) Der von uns gelieferte Farbmonitor entspricht Placering/Ventilation den in der "Verordnung über den Schutz vor VARNING: Schäden durch Röntgenstrahlen" festgelegten FÖRSÄKRA DIG OM ATT HUVUDBRYTARE Vorschriften. OCH UTTAG ÄR LÄTÅTKOMLIGA, NÄR DU STÄLLER DIN UTRUSTNING PÅPLATS.
9. Regulatory Infomation China RoHS The People's Republic of China released a regulation called "Management Methods for Controlling Pollution by Electronic Information Products" or commonly referred to as China RoHS. All products produced and sold for China market have to meet China RoHS request. RoHS (Pb) (Hg)
No manufacturer can guarantee the types of bright dot defects. that all panels will be free from pixel defects, but Philips guarantees that any monitor with an unacceptable number of defects will be repaired or replaced under warranty. This notice explains acceptable defect levels for each type.
10. Customer care and warranty Proximity of Pixel Defects Note A red or blue bright dot must be more than 50 Because pixel and sub pixels defects of the percent brighter than neighboring dots while same type that are near to one another may be a green bright dot is 30 percent brighter than neighboring dots.
10.2 Customer Care & Warranty For warranty coverage information and additional support requirement valid for your region, please visit www.philips.com/support website for details. You may also contact your local Philips Customer Care Center number listed below. Contact Information for WESTERN EUROPE region:...
Do not perform any troubleshooting steps Philips customer service representative. Disconnect the monitor from mains power source immediately for safety Common Problems Contact with Philips customer service No Picture (Power LED not lit) representative immediately. Make sure the power cord is plugged into Imaging Problems the power outlet and into the back of the monitor.
LED Setup in OSD main Controls. Image appears blurred, indistinct or too dark For further assistance, refer to the Consumer Adjust the contrast and brightness on Information Centers list and contact Philips On-Screen Display. customer service representative. An "after-image", "burn-in" or "ghost image"...
Ans.: Function. How can I do? monitor. Follow the instructions in your Ans.: Philips Service center has a right to user manual to install the drivers. Your computer may ask you for monitor authorization, in order to establish ownership of the monitor.
Can I connect my LCD monitor to any warranty conditions. PC, workstation or Mac? How should I clean the LCD surface? Yes. All Philips LCD monitors are fully Ans.: compatible with standard PCs, Macs Ans.: For normal cleaning, use a clean, soft and workstations.
11. Troubleshooting & FAQs may cause "burn in", also known as Ans.: Yes, standard, clear, prescription glasses "after-imaging" or "ghost imaging", on are OK to be recognized, as your eyes your screen. "Burn-in", "after-imaging", are visible through the glasses. or "ghost imaging" is a well-known phenomenon in LCD panel technology.
11. Troubleshooting & FAQs Q11: What is the optimum distance from my Q16: How is it different from my Philips eyes to the Monitor screen? PowerSensor monitor? Ans.: 80 cm is the optimal distance for Ans.: ErgoSensor is a more advanced sensor comfortable reading.