1. Important Please use approved power cord provided 1. Important by Philips all the time. If your power cord is missing, please contact with your local This electronic user’s guide is intended for service center. (Please refer to Customer anyone who uses the Philips monitor. Take time...
1. Important Temperature: 0-40°C 32-95°F 1.2 Notational Descriptions Humidity: 20-80% RH The following subsections describe notational Important information for Burn-in/Ghost conventions used in this document. image Notes, Cautions and Warnings Always activate a moving screen saver Throughout this guide, blocks of text may be program when you leave your monitor accompanied by an icon and printed in bold or unattended.
WEEE performance of the organization's product, service and activities. From the planning, design and production stages, Philips emphasizes the important of making products that can easily be recycled. At Philips, end-of-life management primarily entails participation in national take-back initiatives and recycling programs whenever possible,...
2. Setting up the monitor Install the base 2. Setting up the monitor 17S4L 1. Place the monitor face down on a smooth 2.1 Installation surface. Pay attention not to scratch or damage the screen. Package contents 17S4 2. Hold the base with both hands.
2. Setting up the monitor 17S4LC 3. Hold the base with both hands. (1) Gently attach the base to the column 1. Place the monitor face down on a smooth until the three guiding pins rest into the surface. Pay attention not to scratch or position holes.
2. Setting up the monitor Connecting to your PC 2.2 Operating the monitor 17S4L Description of the control buttons 17S4LC 17S4LC/17S4L 17S4LA AC power input DVI input (for selective model) VGA input Kensington anti-theft lock Audio input (17S4LA) Switch monitor’s power ON and Earphone jack (17S4LA) OFF.
On-Screen Display. You can use this as a On-Screen Display (OSD) is a feature in all reference when you want to work your way Philips LCD monitors. It allows an end user to around the different adjustments later on. adjust screen performance or select functions...
Use 1280 × 1024 @ 60 Hz for best results. 110mm Display of the native resolution alert can be switched off from Setup in the OSD (On Screen Display) menu. (17S4LC) Physical Function Pivot Tilt 90° 0° (17S4LC) (17S4L/17S4LA/17S4LC) Swivel (17S4LC)
VESA Mounting Before you start disassembling the monitor base, please follow the instructions below to avoid any possible damage or injury. 17S4L/17S4LA 1. Place the monitor face down on a smooth surface. Pay attention not to scratch or damage the screen.
2. Setting up the monitor 2. Remove the screws from hinge cover. Note This monitor accepts a 100mm x 100mm mounting interface. 100mm 100mm 3. While keeping the release button pressed,tilt the base and slide it out.
3.2 Philips SmartControl Premium wizard by Standard pane. The new SmartControl Premium software by Philips allows you to control your monitor via an easy to use on-screen graphic interface. Complicated adjustments are a thing of the past as this user friendly software guides you...
3. Image Optimization Start with Standard pane Adjust menu Adjust Menu allows you to adjust Brightness, Contrast, and Resolution. You can follow the instruction and do the adjustment. Cancel prompts user if you want to cancel installation. Color menu Color Menu allows you to adjust RGB, Black Level, White Point, Display Gamma, Calibration, SmartImage, and SmartKolor.
3. Image Optimization 1. "Show Me" starts color calibration tutorial. 2. Start - starts the 6-step color calibration sequence. 3. Quick View loads the before/after images. 4. To return to Color home pane, click the Cancel button. 5. Enable color calibration - by default is on. If unchecked, does not allow for color calibration to happen, dimes out start and quick view buttons.
3. Image Optimization First Color Calibration Screen Eco Power menu Previous button is disabled until the second color screen. Next goes to the succeeding target (6-targets). Final next goes File > Presets pane. Options menu Cancel closes the UI and returns to the plug in page.
3. Image Optimization menu. Disabled removes SmartControl Option>Auto Pivot. Premium from the right click context menu. Enable Task Tray icon is checked (On) by default. Enable context menu shows the task tray menu for SmartControl Premium. A right click on the task tray icon displays the menu options for Help, Technical Support.
3. Image Optimization Options>Theft Deterrence - Theft Deterrence Help menu Pane will only be active when selecting Theft Help>User Manual - Will only be active when Deterrence Mode from the drop-down Plug-in selecting User Manual from the drop-down menu. Help menu. On a non-supported display capable of DDC/CI, only the Help and Options tabs are available.
3. Image Optimization Context Sensitive menu The Context Sensitive menu is Enabled by default. If Enable Context Menu has been checked in the Options>Preferences pane, then the menu will be visible. The Context Menu has four entries: Help - Access to User Manual file: Open User Manual file using the default browser SmartControl Premium - When selected window.
3. Image Optimization from the task tray, disable Run at Startup in Options>Preferences. Note All the illustrations in this section are for reference only. SmartControl software version www. portrait.com/dtune/phl/enu/index to download the latest version of SmartControl software. Drag and Drop Windows 3.3 SmartDesktop Guide partition is selected a window can be dragged into the region and it will automatically align.
3. Image Optimization Title Bar Options Identify Partition – Displays the outline grid on the desktop for the current parti- Desktop partition can be accessed from the tion. title bar of the active window. This provides a quick and easy way to manage the desktop as Align On/Align Off –...
3. Image Optimization Find Windows – In some cases, the user may have sent multiple windows to the same partition. Find Windows will show all open windows and move the selected window to the forefront. Desktop Partition – Desktop Partition shows the current selected partition and allows the user to quickly change to any of the partitions shown in the drop down.
3. Image Optimization SmartDesktop Partition De nitions Name Description Image Full Desktop Applies all settings to the entire desktop. Vertical Assesses the screen resolution and divides the display into two evenly sized vertical regions. Horizontal Assesses the screen resolution and divides the display into two evenly sized horizontal regions.
3. Image Optimization Name Description Image Horizontal Split Top Assesses the screen resolution and divides the display into two evenly sized horizontal regions, the top region is single, the bottom region is spilt into two evenly sized regions For 90 Partition 1 on right side Vertical Partition 2&3 on left side Vertical.
56 Hz - 75 Hz Horizontal Frequency 30 kHz - 83 kHz sRGB Connectivity Signal Input DVI(Digital), VGA( Analog) Input Signal (17S4L/17S4LC) Separate Sync, Sync on Green Audio In/Out (17S4LA) PC audio-in, headphone out Convenience Built-in speakers (17S4LA) 1.5Wx2 (17S4LC/17S4L)
0.68 BTU/hr 0.68 BTU/hr 0.68 BTU/hr Power LED indicator On mode: White, Standby/Sleep mode: White (blinking) Power Supply Built-in, 100-240VAC, 50-60Hz Dimension 367.0X393.0X194.0 mm (17S4LA/17S4L) Product with stand (WxHxD) 367.0X475.0X227.0 mm (17S4LC) Product without stand 367.0X319.0X65.0 mm (WxHxD) Weight 3.535Kg(17S4LA/17S4L) Product with stand 5.02Kg(17S4LC)
Finish Texture Note 1. EPEAT Gold or Silver is valid only where Philips registers the product. Please visit www.epeat.net for registration status in your country. 2. This data is subject to change without notice. Go to www.philips.com/support to download the...
Power Used LED Color Mode 13.6W(typ) Active White 19W(max.) Sleep White 0.2W (typ.) (Standby) (blink) Switch Off 0.2 W (typ.) 17S4L VESA Video H-sync V-sync Power Used LED Color Mode Active 13.6W(typ.) White Sleep White 0.2W (typ.) (Standby) (blink) Switch Off 0.2 W (typ.)
6. Regulatory Infomation Ergonomic, User-centered design 6. Regulatory Information Visual ergonomics in products with a display. Adjustability for user Congratulations! comfort (displays, headsets) Acoustic performance – protection against sound spikes (headsets) and fan noise (projectors, computers) Ergonomically designed keyboard (notebooks) Electrical Safety, minimal electro-magnetic Emissions Third Party Testing ensures that the manufacture, use and recycling...
RoHs directive mandating restrictions requirement of Information Technology on hazardous substances in electrical and Equipment). electronic equipment have been adhered to in order to make Philips monitors safe to use EN55024:2010 (Immunity requirement of throughout its life cycle. Information Technology Equipment). EN61000-3-2:2006 +A1:2009+A2:2009 EPEAT (Limits for Harmonic Current Emission).
6. Regulatory Infomation Energy Star Declaration Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Notice (U.S. Only) (www.energystar.gov) This equipment has been tested and found ® As an ENERGY STAR Partner, we to comply with the limits for a Class B have determined that this product digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the ®...
6 Regulatory Infomation Cependant, rien ne peut garantir l'absence d'interférences dans le cadre d'une approved by the party responsible for installation particulière. Si cet appareil est compliance could void the user's authority la cause d'interférences nuisibles pour to operate the equipment. la réception des signaux de radio ou de Use only RF shielded cable that was supplied télévision, ce qui peut être décelé...
6. Regulatory Infomation EN 55022 Compliance (Czech Republic Only) North Europe (Nordic Countries) Information Placering/Ventilation VARNING: FÖRSÄKRA DIG OM ATT HUVUDBRYTARE OCH UTTAG ÄR LÄTÅTKOMLIGA, NÄR DU STÄLLER DIN UTRUSTNING PÅPLATS. Placering/Ventilation Polish Center for Testing and Certi cation ADVARSEL: Notice S Ø...
6 Regulatory Infomation Ergonomie Hinweis (nur Deutschland) China RoHS Der von uns gelieferte Farbmonitor entspricht The People's Republic of China released a den in der "Verordnung über den Schutz vor regulation called "Management Methods for Schäden durch Röntgenstrahlen" festgelegten Controlling Pollution by Electronic Information Vorschriften.
No manufacturer can guarantee the types of bright dot defects. that all panels will be free from pixel defects, but Philips guarantees that any monitor with an unacceptable number of defects will be repaired or replaced under warranty. This notice explains acceptable defect levels for each type.
7. Customer care and warranty Proximity of Pixel Defects Note A red or blue bright dot must be more than 50 Because pixel and sub pixels defects of the percent brighter than neighboring dots while same type that are near to one another may be a green bright dot is 30 percent brighter than neighboring dots.
7.2 Customer Care & Warranty For warranty coverage information and additional support requirement valid for your region, please visit www.philips.com/support website for details. You may also contact your local Philips Customer Care Center number listed below. Contact Information for WESTERN EUROPE region:...
If the problem still persists Disconnect the monitor from mains power after you have tried these solutions, contact source immediately for safety Philips customer service representative. Contact with Philips customer service representative immediately. Common Problems Imaging Problems No Picture (Power LED not lit)
8. Troubleshooting & FAQs Image appears blurred, indistinct or too dark For further assistance, refer to the Consumer Information Centers list and contact Philips Adjust the contrast and brightness on customer service representative. On-Screen Display. An "after-image", "burn-in" or "ghost image"...
Ans.: Function. How can I do? monitor. Follow the instructions in your Ans.: Philips Service center has a right to user manual to install the drivers. Your computer may ask you for monitor authorization, in order to establish ownership of the monitor.
Can I connect my LCD monitor to any panel surface side. This may affect your PC, workstation or Mac? warranty conditions. Yes. All Philips LCD monitors are fully Ans.: How should I clean the LCD surface? compatible with standard PCs, Macs and workstations.
8. Troubleshooting & FAQs In most cases, the "burned in" or "atter-imaging" or "ghost imaging" will disappear gradually over a period of time after the power has been switched off. Always activate a moving screen saver program when you leave your monitor unattended.