two AA batteries
Care and safety information
– When the system is switched to
Standby mode, it is still consuming power.
To disconnect the system from the power
supply completely, remove the AC power
plug from the wall jack.
01-40 DVP640_US5_pt2 (OK)
Avoid high temperatures, moisture,
water and dust
– Do not expose the player, batteries or
discs to humidity, rain, sand or excessive
heat (caused by heating equipment or
– The lens may cloud over when the
player is suddenly moved from cold to
warm surroundings, making it impossible
to play a disc. Leave the player in the
warm environment until the moisture
Do not block the vents
– Do not operate the DVD Player in an
enclosed cabinet. Allow about 10 cm (4
inches) of free space around the player for
Care of the cabinet
– Use a soft cloth slightly moistened with
a mild detergent solution. Do not use a
solution containing alcohol, spirits,
ammonia or abrasives.
Finding a suitable location
– Place the player on a flat, hard, and
– To clean a CD, wipe it in a
straight line from the center
toward the edge using a soft,
lint-free cloth. A cleaning
agent may damage the disc.
– Write only on the printed
side of a CD-R/CD-RW and only with a
soft felt-tipped pen.
– Handle the disc by its edge; do not
touch the surface.
DVD Home Cinema System
8239 210 98532
17/03/2004, 5:22 PM