Questions or Installation?
Call: 1-800-GECARES (US)
or Visit our Web site at: www.GEApplionces.com
PEDESTALS FOR DRYERS
(comes with individual
Three models available:
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
Read these instructions
completelg and carefullg.
RTANT- s ave these instructions
for l ocal
• IMPORTANT- Observe a,
• Note to Installer - Be sure to leave these instructions with
• Note to Customer- Keep these instructions with your Use
and Care Book for future reference.
• Before the old dryer is removed from service or discarded,
remove the dryer door.
• Service information and the wiring diagram are located in
the control console.
• Do not allow children on or in the appliance. Close super-
vision of children is necessary when the appliance is used
• Install the dryer where the temperature is above 50°F for
satisfactory operation of the dryer control system.
• To reduce the risk of severe injury or death, follow all installation instructions.
• Clothes dryer installation must be performed by a qualified installer.
• Install the clothes dryer according to these instructions and in accordance
with local codes.
• This dryer must be exhausted to the outdoors.
• Use only 4" rigid metal ducting for exhausting the clothes dryer to the
• DO NOT install a clothes dryer with flexible plastic ducting materials.
If flexible metal (semi-rigid or foil-type) duct is installed, it must be UL listed
and installed in accordance with the instructions found in "Connecting The
Dryer To House Vent" on page S of this manual. Flexible venting materials
are known to collapse, be easily crushed, and trap lint. These conditions will
obstruct dryer airflow and increase the risk of fire.
• Do not install or store this appliance in any location where it could be
exposed to water and or weather.
• Save these instructions. (Installers: Be sure to leave these instructions with
of this drger
It is your
to make the electrical
SLIP JOINT PLIERS
FLAT BLADE SCREWDRIVER
4" DIA METAL D UCT
4" DIA FLEXIBLE METAL ( SEMI-RIGID)
ULLISTED T RANSITION DUCT
KITWXOSX10077 (INCLUDES 2 ELBOWS)
4"DIA FLEXIBLE METAL ( FOIL TYPE)
ULLISTED T RANSITION DUCT
MATERIALS YOU WILL NEED
DRYER POWER CORD
WITH 3 OR4 PRONGS.
IDENTIFY THE PLUG
Prepare the Area and Exhaust for Installation of New
Dryer (see section 1).
Check and Ensure the Existing External Exhaust is
Clean (see section 1) and Meets Attached Installation
Specifications (see section 3).
Remove the Foam Shipping Pads (see section 1).
Move the Dryer to the Desired Location.
Connect the Power Supply (see section 2).
Connect the External Exhaust (see section 4).
Level Your Dryer (see section 5).
Check the Operation of the Power Supply and
Place the Owners Manual and the Installation
Instructions in a Location Where They Will Be
Noticed By the Owner.
For Alcove or Closet Installation,
For Mobile or Manufactured
Home see, section
For side or bottom
Pub # 31-16228