Control Knobs ......15 Glass Cooktop Cleaning ....13, 14 Stainless Steel Trim .
Save time Before you request service, check the Problem Solver in the back of this guide. & money If you To obtain service, see the Consumer Services page in the back of this guide. need service We’re proud of our service and want you to be pleased.
• Do not attempt to repair or replace any part of your cooktop unless it is specifically recommended in this guide. All other servicing should be referred to a qualified technician.
SAFETY PRECAUTIONS • Clean the cooktop with caution. If a wet sponge or cloth is used to wipe spills on a hot surface unit, be careful to avoid steam burns. Some cleansers can produce noxious fumes if applied to a hot surface.
• Always keep wooden and plastic utensils and canned food a safe distance away from your cooktop. They may become hot and could cause burns. • Never heat unopened food containers. Pressure buildup may make container burst and cause injury.
Design information Feature Index Bridge Surface Unit (diameter 7 Surface Unit (diameter 5 Model and Serial Numbers (on a label under the cooktop) Dual Surface Unit (diameter 5 Hot Surface Indicator Light Coil Select Knob Dual Surface Unit Control Knob...
With 3 or more units turned on, surface temperatures are high so be careful when touching the cooktop. The hot surface indicator light(s) will remain lit after the surface unit is off until the surface is cool enough to touch.
Make sure the pan rests flat on the glass cooktop and it is not resting on the trim. If you notice poor cooking performance, move the pan to make sure it is flat on the cooktop.
Copper Bottom: recommended Good performance, but copper may leave residues which can appear as scratches. The residues can be removed, as long as the cooktop is cleaned immediately. How to Use of correct cookware can affect the cooking check pan performance and cleaning of your cooktop.
• Always place the pan in the center of the surface unit you are cooking on. • Do not use the surface as a cutting board. Do not use woks with support rings on the glass cooktop. SURFACE COOKING • Do not slide cookware across the cooktop because it can scratch the glass—the glass is...
1 Be sure the canner fits over the center of the surface unit. If your cooktop or its location does not allow the canner to be centered on the surface unit, use smaller diameter pots for good canning results.
(Sugary spillovers and melted plastics are an exception. See the section on Special Care.) Do not use a cooktop cleaner on a hot cooktop. The fumes can be hazardous to your health and can chemically attack the glass surface.
Remove hot pans. 2 Wearing an oven mitt, hold the razor scraper at a 30° angle to the cooktop and scrape hot spill to a cool area outside the surface unit. 3 With the spill in a cool area, use a dry paper towel to remove any excess.
Cooktop To clean the cooktop seal, let a wet cloth rest on it for a few minutes, then wipe clean. Use a seal mild detergent if needed. Do not use a knife or any sharp object on the seal because it will cut or damage it.
• Pan bottoms should closely match the diameter of the surface unit selected. • The glass cooktop surfaces may seem hotter than you are used to. This is normal. Make sure flat-bottomed pans are used. • Improper cookware being used. Pan bottoms should be flat, fairly heavy weight and the same diameter as the surface unit selected.
With the purchase of your new Monogram appliance, receive the assurance that if you ever need information or assistance from GE, we’ll be there. All you have to do is call—toll- free! GE Answer Whatever your question about any Monogram major appliance, GE Answer Center® Center®...
• Failure of the product if it is used for other than its intended purpose or used commercially. • Damage to the glass cooktop caused by the use of cleaners other than the recommended cleaning cream. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
Today Registration Product General Electric Company Warranty Registration Department P.O. Box 34070 Louisville, KY 40232-4070 Important Mail Ownership Consumer Appliances Place 1st Class Letter Stamp Here...
Consumer Product Ownership Registration Dear Customer: Thank you for purchasing our product and thank you for placing your confidence in us. We are proud to have you as a customer! Follow these three steps to protect your new appliance investment: Complete and mail your Consumer Product Ownership...