STEP 3 LEVEL
• Use an adjustable wrench to turn the leveling legs and
raise or lower the product.
• Adjust carefully; the product should be level and plumb
with cabinetry, and should align with adjacent toekick
Turn Right to Lower
Turn Left to Raise
If you skipped Step 2:
• Select the hinge cover marked "R" or "L", depending
on door swing.
• Peel backing off the tape inside the decorative
hinge cover. Press and snap into position.
• Snap the screw hole cover into place on the
STEP 4 CONNECT POWER
• Connect power cord plug to a properly grounded
• Check to make sure power is on by opening the door
to see if interior light turns on.
STEP 5 SLIDE PRODUCT INTO
• Carefully, slide the unit into the opening. Be careful
not to entangle the power cord.
• Make certain that the door protrudes 1" beyond
the surrounding cabinets (1-7/8" for custom frame
• Check again to be sure the unit is level.
STEP 6 INSTALL NAMEPLATE
• Follow instructions on the back page for installation of
the Monogram nameplate.
STEP 7 SET TEMPERATURE CONTROLS
• The temperature controls are preset. Refer to the
Owner's Manual for more information. Allow 24 hours
for temperature to stabilize.
CUSTOM FRAME PANEL MODELS
Model ZDWI240WII and ZDBI240WII
These models require a custom panel frame surrounding
the glass. There are two options: the panel may be 29-3/4"
or 30" high. A 30" panel requires a notch cut into the bottom
of the panel to avoid interference with the hinges.
• Rout the back side of the panel to the dimensions shown.
• A custom handle of your choice must be installed before
the panel is mounted onto the door.
NOTE: The 4 corners
of the routed areas
must be squared
to fit the corners
of the metal
3/4" Thick Custom Panel,
NOTE: Right-hand models
illustrated. Cut notches
for hinge clearance on the
opposite side for left-hand
Choose Option 1 or Option 2 panel size depending on cabinetry
size or style.
NOTE: A solid panel that covers the door glass CANNOT be
installed on these models.
Install the custom panel:
• Open the door fully.
• Remove the gasket surrounding the inside of the door to
expose the existing screw holes for the custom panel.
• Hold the custom frame panel against the door and align
carefully, top to bottom and side to side. Mark screw hole
locations on the back side of the panel.
• Drill pilot holes in the back side of the custom panel. In
hardwood, drill 3/32" pilot holes. In softwood, drill 5/64" holes.
• Secure the prepared panel to the door using ten (10)
#8 x 5/8" screws. Drive the screws through the door frame
and into the wood.
• Replace the gasket.
Rout the back
side of the
deep, 1-1/8" wide
Cut the notch
1/8" deep, 1/4"
wide and 1/4"
#8 x 5/8"