Measurement & Control
remaining light is measured and converted into an analog signal.
1. Before installing the sensor, note the direction of the airflow. Ensure
all mounting holes are sealed tightly.
2. Drill/cut one 1-1/2" hole and punch/drill two 1/8" holes for
3. Slide the sensor into 1 ½" hole and secure with #10 sheet metal
4. Connect the conduit and make necessary wire connections.
5. Install lid, and ensure it snaps into place.
Figure 1: T8041 Installation
The T8041 and T8042 are CO
transmitters designed to be
installed in HVAC return air
ducts. The technology is based
on the absorption of light in a
gold-plated reflective light pipe
or waveguide diffusion gas
chamber. A gas permeable
PTFE filter prevents particulate
and water contamination of the
sensor. Light is absorbed in
proportion to the CO
concentration and the
Telaire Ventostat™ T8041/T8042
Duct Mount Sensors
Figure 2: T8042 Installation
Figure 3: Wiring
Page 1 of 2