Use next-word suggestions
1. Touch the location where you want to input text.
2. start typing out a word. When the word you want is displayed
in a list above the keyboard, touch it.
3. Continue to touch words unless the one you want doesn't ap-
pear. if so, type it.
Your tablet continues to suggest words as you type.
To change your tablet's keyboard and input meth-
ods, go to Settings > Personal > Language & input.
To turn next-word suggestions on or off, go to Set-
tings > Personal > Language & input > Keyboard &
input methods > Android keyboard. Touch the set-
tings icon, then check the box next to Next-word
Try Gesture Typing
Gesture typing works best for English. Quality varies for other lan-
guages, and some don't support it yet.
To input a word using Gesture Typing:
1. Touch the location where you want to type to open the
2. Slide your finger slowly across the letters of the word you want
3. Release your finger when the word you want is displayed in the
floating preview or in the middle of the suggestion strip. To
select one of the other words in the suggestion strip, touch it.
if the word you want isn't shown while using Gesture Typing, you
can type it out manually.
Nexus 7 (2013) Guidebook
use THe keYboARd