For one year from the date of purchase, when this major appliance is operated and maintained according to instructions attached to or
furnished with the product, KitchenAid brand of Whirlpool Corporation or Whirlpool Canada LP (hereafter "KitchenAid") will pay for
factory specified parts and repair labor to correct defects in materials or workmanship that existed when this major appliance was
purchased. Service must be provided by a KitchenAid designated service company. YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY UNDER
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL BE PRODUCT REPAIR AS PROVIDED HEREIN. This limited warranty is valid only in the United States
or Canada and applies only when the major appliance is used in the country in which it was purchased. Proof of original purchase date is
required to obtain service under this limited warranty.
SECOND THROUGH FIFTH YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY ON CAVITY LINER AND SEALED REFRIGERATION SYSTEM PARTS
In the second through fifth year from the date of purchase, when this major appliance is operated and maintained according to
instructions attached to or furnished with the product, KitchenAid will pay for replacement or repair of the refrigerator/freezer cavity liner
(including labor costs) if the part cracks due to defects in materials or workmanship that existed when this major appliance was
purchased. Also, in the second through fifth year from the date of purchase, when this major appliance is operated and maintained
according to instructions attached to or furnished with the product, KitchenAid will pay for factory specified parts and repair labor for the
following components to correct defects in materials or workmanship in the sealed refrigeration system that existed when this major
appliance was purchased: compressor, evaporator, condenser, dryer, and connecting tubing.
This limited warranty does not cover:
1. Replacement parts or repair labor if this major appliance is used for other than normal, single-family household use or when it is
used in a manner that is inconsistent to published user or operator instructions and/or installation instructions.
2. Service calls to correct the installation of your major appliance, to instruct you on how to use your major appliance, to replace or
repair house fuses, or to correct house wiring or plumbing.
3. Service calls to repair or replace appliance light bulbs, air filters or water filters. Consumable parts are excluded from warranty
4. Damage resulting from accident, alteration, misuse, abuse, fire, flood, acts of God, improper installation, installation not in
accordance with electrical or plumbing codes, or use of products not approved by KitchenAid.
5. Cosmetic damage, including scratches, dents, chips or other damage to the finish of your major appliance, unless such damage
results from defects in materials or workmanship and is reported to KitchenAid within 30 days from the date of purchase.
6. Any food or medicine loss due to refrigerator or freezer product failures.
7. Pickup and delivery. This major appliance is intended to be repaired in your home.
8. Repairs to parts or systems resulting from unauthorized modifications made to the appliance.
9. Expenses for travel and transportation for product service if your major appliance is located in a remote area where service by an
authorized KitchenAid servicer is not available.
10. The removal and reinstallation of your major appliance if it is installed in an inaccessible location or is not installed in accordance
with KitchenAid's published installation instructions.
11. Replacement parts or repair labor on major appliances with original model/serial numbers that have been removed, altered or
cannot be easily determined.
IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A
PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED TO ONE YEAR OR THE SHORTEST PERIOD ALLOWED BY LAW. Some states and provinces do
not allow limitations on the duration of implied warranties of merchantability or fitness, so this limitation may not apply to you. This
warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you also may have other rights that vary from state to state or province to province.
LIMITATION OF REMEDIES; EXCLUSION OF INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES
YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL BE PRODUCT REPAIR AS PROVIDED HEREIN.
KITCHENAID SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. Some states and provinces do not allow the
exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so these limitations and exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty
gives you specific legal rights, and you also may have other rights that vary from state to state or province to province.
If outside the 50 United States and Canada, contact your authorized KitchenAid dealer to determine if another warranty applies.
If you think you need repair service, first see the "Troubleshooting" section of the Use & Care Guide. If you are unable to resolve the
problem after checking "Troubleshooting," additional help can be found by checking the "Assistance or Service" section or by calling
KitchenAid. In the U.S.A., call 1-800-422-1230. In Canada, call 1-800-807-6777.
Keep this book and your sales slip together for future
reference. You must provide proof of purchase or installation
date for in-warranty service.
Write down the following information about your major appliance
to better help you obtain assistance or service if you ever need it.
You will need to know your complete model number and serial
number. You can find this information on the model and serial
number label located on the product.
ITEMS EXCLUDED FROM WARRANTY
DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES
Phone number __________________________________________________
Model number __________________________________________________
Serial number __________________________________________________
Purchase date __________________________________________________