READ AND SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE, ELECTRIC SHOCK, OR
INJURY TO PERSONS, OBSERVE THE FOLLOWING:
1. Use this unit only in the manner intended by the manufacturer.
If you have questions, contact the manufacturer at the address
or telephone number in the warranty.
2. Before servicing or cleaning unit, switch power off at service
panel and lock the service disconnecting means to prevent
power from being switched on accidentally. When the service
disconnecting means cannot be locked, securely fasten a
prominent warning device, such as a tag, to the service panel.
3. Installation work and electrical wiring must be done by a
qualified person(s) in accordance with all applicable codes
and standards, including fire-rated construction codes and
4. Sufficient air is needed for proper combustion and exhausting
of gases through the flue (chimney) of fuel-burning equip-
ment to prevent backdrafting manufacturer's guideline and
safety standards such as those published by the National Fire
Protection Association (NFPA), and the American Society for
Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers
(ASHRAE), and the local code authorities.
5. When cutting or drilling into wall or ceiling, do not damage
electrical wiring and other hidden utilities.
6. Do not use this unit with an additional speed control device.
7. Ducted fans must always be vented to the outdoors.
8. To reduce the risk of fire, use only metal ductwork.
9. Do not install this product with the activating switch directly
behind a burner or element. Minimum distance between the
switch and the edge of the burner should be 4 inches.
10.Loose-fitting or hanging clothing should never be worn when
operating this appliance. They may be ignited by burners/
elements on cooktop.
11.Children should not be left alone or unattended in the area
where this appliance is in use.
12.When flaming foods, turn the blower OFF. An operating
blower may spread the flames.
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF A RANGE TOP GREASE FIRE:
1. Never leave surface units unattended at high settings.
Boilovers cause smoking and greasy spillovers that may
ignite. Heat oils slowly on low or medium settings.
2. Always turn hood ON when cooking at high heat or when
cooking flaming foods.
3. Clean ventilating fans frequently. Grease should not be
allowed to accumulate on fan or filter.
4. Use proper pan size. Always use cookware appropriate for
the size of the surface element.
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF INJURY TO PERSONS IN THE
EVENT OF A RANGE TOP GREASE FIRE, OBSERVE THE
INSTALLER: Save this manual for Electrical Inspector and Homeowner to use.
HOMEOWNER: Use and Care Information on Page 5.
MODELS HV2730B & HV2736B
DOWNDRAFT BLOWER SYSTEM
A. SMOTHER FLAMES with a close-fitting lid, cookie sheet,
or metal tray, then turn off the burner. BE CAREFUL TO
PREVENT BURNS. If the flames do not go out immedi
ately, EVACUATE AND CALL THE FIRE DEPARTMENT.
B. NEVER PICK UP A FLAMING PAN - You may be burned.
C. DO NOT USE WATER, including wet dishcloths or towels
- a violent steam explosion will result.
D. Use an extinguisher ONLY if:
1. You know you have a Class ABC extinguisher, and you
already know how to operate it.
2. The fire is small and contained in the area where it
3. The fire department is being called.
4. You can fight the fire with your back to an exit.
Based on "Kitchen Firesafety Tips" published by NFPA.
12. This unit must be grounded
1. For general ventilating use only. Do not use to exhaust
hazardous or explosive materials and vapors.
2. To avoid motor bearing damage and noisy and/or unbalanced
impellers, keep drywall spray, construction dust, etc. off
3. Clean filters and grease-laden surfaces frequently.
4. Do not repair or replace any part of this appliance unless
specifically recommended in this manual. All other servicing
should be done by a qualified technician.
5. Please read specification label on product for further informa-
tion and requirements.
This downdraft blower system is
designed to be used to exhaust
airborne contaminants when
cooking with a variety of gas or
electric cooktops. It can be
mounted in island, peninsula, or
conventional wall locations.
This unit can be easily installed
following these basic steps:
Cut out the countertop
Mount the unit in the
Connect the ductwork
Install the cooktop.
3-1/4" X 10"