V-TONE BASS DRIVER DI BDI21
Bass Amp Modeler/Direct Recording Preamp/DI Box
Thank you for showing your confidence in us by purchasing the V-TONE BASS BDI21.
This high-quality bass driver is designed for bassists with diverse and
wide-ranging needs. The integrated tube emulation produces the sound and
response of a miked bass tube amp while the 2-band EQ (with presence control)
and the dedicated drive control let you create any bass tone you desire,
from vintage to modern. In addition, the BDI21 functions as a standard
ultra-transparent direct injection box when used in bypass mode.
A DI (Direct Injection) box allows you to send a signal directly from an unbalanced,
high-impedance output (like a bass guitar) and connect it directly to the balanced
mic input of a mixing console.
Whether for stage, recording, rehearsal or warm-up, the BEHRINGER V-TONE BASS
BDI21 is a natural choice for those who are seeking great tone with a simple set-up.
1. Control Elements
(1) The DRIVE control adjusts the overall amount of gain and overdrive,
similar to pushing the output section of a tube amp.
(2) The TREBLE control governs the high-frequency range of the signal (±12 dB).
(3) The BASS control allows you to boost/cut the low-frequency range (±12 dB).
(4) The PRESENCE control boosts the upper harmonic content for a smoother
high end and more attack.
(5) The LEVEL control adjusts the output level of the BDI21.
(6) The BLEND control adjusts the amount of tube emulation. The tube
emulation circuitry provides the real tube sound of a miked bass tube amp.
(7) When activated, the GND LIFT disconnects the ground connection between
input and output. Depending on the grounding of the connected equipment,
this can eliminate hum or ground loops.
(8) Use the footswitch to activate/deactivate all the tone functions (EQ, DRIVE,
tube emulation). When deactivated, the BDI21 functions solely as a standard
transparent DI box.
(9) This LED illuminates when the effect is activated (see (8)).
(10) Use this ¼" TS INPUT connector to plug in the instrument cable of your bass
guitar or other instruments.
(11) BAL OUT is the BDI21's balanced mic level output. Use a high-quality,
balanced XLR (microphone) cable to connect the driver to a mixing console.
(12) The unbalanced ¼" TS OUT connector sends the signal to your bass amp.
Bottom of the BDI21
(13) SERIAL NUMBER. The serial number of the BDI21 is located at the bottom.
(14) BATTERY COMPARTMENT. Open the lid to install or replace the 9 V battery.
The BDI21 is powered as soon you insert a plug into the INPUT.
The battery is "disconnected" when the plug is removed. For this
reason, the BDI21 has no on/off switch. To prolong battery life,
always disconnect the input when the driver is not in use.
Power supply connector
(15) Use the DC IN connection to plug in a 9 V power supply (not included).