Detects the faces of your subjects and adjusts the focus, exposure, flash settings and
perform image processing automatically. You can select the priority face to be focused
1 MENU t [Camera] t [Face Detection] t desired mode.
• You cannot use [Face Detection] with the following functions:
– [Sweep Panorama]
– [Manual Focus]
– The zoom feature of the camera
• You can select [Face Detection] only when [Autofocus Area] is set to [Multi], and [Metering Mode] is
also set to [Multi].
• Up to 8 faces of your subjects can be detected.
• During [Smile Shutter] shooting, [Face Detection] is automatically set to [On (Regist. Faces)] even if it is
set to [Off].
Face Detection frame (white)
When the camera detects more than 1 subject, the camera will judge
which is the main subject and set focus by priority. The Face Detection
frame for the main subject will turn white. The frame for which the focus
is set will turn green by pressing the shutter button halfway down.
Face Detection frame (gray/magenta)
This frame appears on a detected face that is not the face with the
priority focus. The magenta frame appears on a face that is registered
with [Face Registration].
Focuses on faces registered so as to have priority.
Selects the face which the camera is to automatically focus on.
Does not use the [Face Detection] function.