Now with Duracell pre-charged rechargeable batteries
Retains power for up to 3 6 5 days while not in use, unlike other rechargeables
Compact & Portable, in your car or at home
Safety protection and controls
Ideal for Digital and High-Drain Devices
DURACELL offers a limited 3-year guarantee against defects due to faulty materials or
workmanship and guarantees the performance of each DURACELL charger for 3 years from
date of purchase. If found to be defective, this DURACELL charger will be replaced without
charge when returned to DURACELL. This guarantee does not apply to damage from
misuse or abuse beyond normal usage. This guarantee gives you specific legal rights, and
you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. Should any battery be
damaged by this charger due to defects in the charger arising from faulty materials or
workmanship, DURACELL will repair or replace (at our option) the battery, provided both
charger and battery usage instructions have been followed. Send charger with the battery
to DURACELL, Berkshire Corporate Park, Bethel, CT U.S.A 06801 Attention: Consumer
Relations Department. If you would like additional information on Duracell Rechargeable
Batteries call 1-800-551-2355 (9:00AM-5:00PM E.S.T.)
© 2009 DURACELL
a division of P&G,
Bethel, CT 06801
Made in China
CORRECT DISPOSAL OF THIS PRODUCT
Please follow any local requirements to recycle used electronic appliances and
rechargeable batteries. Used rechargeable batteries may be recycled at no cost
to the consumer through the retail collection sites maintained by the
Rechargeable Battery Recycling Corporation (www.rbrc.org)
If you would like additional information on Duracell Rechargeable Batteries
call 1-800-551-2355 (9:00AM-5:00PM E.S.T.).
CAUTION: We recommend charging DURACELL NiMH rechargeable
batteries only. Do not attempt to charge non-rechargeable batteries.
Misuse could cause batteries to rupture, causing personal injury or
damage. Indoor use only. Dry location use only. Risk of electric shock.
Never disassemble or alter any part of the charger or batteries.
Charger or batteries may become hot during charging and will cool down
when charging is complete. Not recommended for use by children.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS - SAVE THESE
INSTRUCTIONS, DANGER - TO REDUCE THE RISK OF
FIRE OR ELECTRIC SHOCK, CAREFULLY FOLLOW
1. SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS - This sheet contains important safety and
operating instructions for this charger.
2. Before using battery charger, read all instructions and caution markings on
the charger, battery and device using battery.
3. CAUTION - To reduce the risk of injury, charge only NiMH rechargeable
4. Do not charge Alkaline, Zinc Carbon, Lithium, NiOOH, or any batteries other
than NiMH, as they may burst causing personal injury and damage.
5. Keep batteries away from fire or explosion may occur.
6. For proper insertion, please observe polarity indicators ( +/-).
7. For indoor use only. Do not expose to rain or snow.
8. Do not place in or near water or extreme heat.
9. Do not operate charger with damaged cord or plug.
10. Do not operate charger if it has been severely damaged in any way.
11. Do not disassemble charger.
12. Disassembly may result in a risk of electric shock or fire.
13. To reduce the risk of electric shock, unplug the charger from the outlet
when not in use.
14. This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with
reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and
knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction
concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the
15. For connection to a supply not in the U.S.A, use an attachment plug
adapter of the proper configuration.
16. This power unit is intended to be correctly oriented in a vertical or floor
*If flashing red LED is encountered, first ensure you are attempting to charge
NiMH AA or AAA batteries only. If yes, remove and reinsert the NiMH batteries.
If batteries become heated, they may be damaged. Insert new NiMH batteries.
TO CHARGE BATTERIES
1. Insert DURACELL NiMH batteries into the charging slots. The following types
of cells may be charged:
LED Indicator for AA/AAA
2. From two (2) or four (4) AA or
3. Plug the provided AC/DC adapter
into an AC outlet and plug the
12V jack in the socket on the
top of the charger. Alternatively,
or Abnormal Temperature
plug in a car adpater (12V CLA).
Use only the stock adapter provided by DURACELL.
4. The LED indicator will light up RED.
5. If abnormal conditions are detected during charging, the charger channel
will stop charging and corresponding LED will flash red.
6. The individual LED indicators will turn GREEN when the batteries become
7. Once charging is complete, unplug the charger from the power source and
remove the batteries.
8. Charging time may vary based on battery capacity (mAh).
9. Batteries that are new or have been stored for an extended period of time
may need to be charged and used 2-3 times before optimal charge
performance is achieved.
NOTES & USAGE TIPS:
1. New batteries may need to be charged before using.
2. This charger is capable of accepting 100-240 V AC, 50/60 Hz and
therefore can be used overseas.
3. Batteries will automatically stop charging when full charge is reached.
Safety protections will prevent battery from overcharging.
Charging Time Table
To charge either 2 or 4 AA/AAA
use the following positions: