www.sylvane.com (800) 934-9194
READ AND SAVE THESE SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
BEFORE USING THIS HEATER. IF YOU DO
NOT UNDERSTAND THESE INSTRUCTIONS OR
PRODUCT LABELS DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT
AND CALL US AT (800) 477-0457 FOR AN
Failure to follow any of these safety
instructions could result in fire, injury or death.
Electrical appliances may expose people to hazards
that can cause severe injury as well as death. The use
of electrical products may create hazards that include,
but are not limited to, injury, fire, electrical shock
and electrical system damage. These instructions are
intended to provide you with the information you need
to use the product and to avoid such hazards.
1. Read all instructions before using this heater.
2. This heater is hot when in use. To avoid burns, do
not let bare skin touch hot surfaces. If, provided, use
handle when moving this heater. Keep combustible
materials, such as furniture, pillows, bedding,
papers, clothes, and curtains at least 3 feet (0.9 m)
from the front of the heater and keep them away
from the sides and rear.
3. Extreme caution is necessary when any heater is
used by or near children or invalids, and whenever
the heater is left operating and unattended.
The Honeywell trademark is used by Kaz, Inc. under license from Honeywell International Inc.
4. Always unplug heater when not in use.
5. Do not operate any heater with a damaged cord
or plug or after the heater malfunctions, has been
dropped or damaged in any manner. Return heater
to authorized service facility for examination,
electrical or mechanical adjustment, or repair.
6. Do not use outdoors.
7. This heater is not intended for use in bathrooms,
laundry areas and similar indoor locations. Never
locate heater where it may fall into a bathtub or
other water container.
8. Do not run cord under carpeting. Do not cover cord
with throw rugs, runners, or the like. Arrange cord
away from traffic area where it will not be tripped
THIS APPLIANCE HAS A POLARIZED
PLUG (ONE BLADE IS WIDER THAN THE OTHER).
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF SHOCK, THIS PLUG IS
INTENDED TO FIT ONLY ONE WAY IN A POLARIZED
OUTLET. IF THE PLUG DOES NOT FIT SECURELY IN THE
OUTLET, REVERSE THE PLUG. IF IT STILL DOES NOT
FIT, CONTACT A QUALIFIED ELECTRICIAN. DO NOT
ATTEMPT TO DEFEAT THIS SAFETY FEATURE.
10. This heater draws 12.5 amps during operation. To
prevent overloading a circuit, do not plug the heater
into a circuit that already has other appliances
11. It is normal for the plug to feel warm to the
touch; however, a loose fit between the AC outlet
(receptacle) and plug may cause overheating and
distortion of the plug. Contact a qualified electrician
to replace loose or worn outlet.
12. To disconnect the heater, first turn off the product,
then grip the plug and pull it from the wall outlet.
Never pull by the cord.
13. Do not insert or allow foreign objects to enter any
ventilation or exhaust opening as this may cause an
electric shock or fire, or damage the heater.
14. To prevent a possible fire, do not block air intakes or
exhaust in any manner. Do not use on soft surfaces,
like a bed, or where openings may become blocked.
15. A heater has hot and arcing or sparking parts inside.