for Net MD Walkman
How to Install
Sony Corporation © 2002 Printed in Japan
Program ©1999, 2000, 2001 Sony Corporation
Documentation ©2002 Sony Corporation
• OpenMG, VAIO and their logos are trademarks of Sony Corporation.
• "WALKMAN" is a trademark of Sony Corporation.
• Microsoft, Windows, Windows NT and Windows Media are trademarks or registered trademarks of
Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
• IBM and PC/AT are registered trademarks of International Business Machines Corporation.
• Macintosh is a trademark of Apple Computer, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.
• All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners.
• Copyright laws prohibit reproducing the software or the manual accompanying it in whole or in part,
or renting the software without the permission of the copyright holder.
• In no event will SONY be liable for any financial damage, or loss of profits, including claims made by
third parties, arising out of the use of the software supplied with this recorder.
• In the event a problem occurs with this software as a result of defective manufacturing, SONY will
replace it. However, SONY bears no other responsibility.
• The software provided with this recorder cannot be used with equipment other than that which is so
• Please note that, due to continued efforts to improve quality, the software specifications may be
changed without notice.
• The recorded music is limited to private use only. Use of the music beyond this limit requires
permission of the copyright holders.
• Sony is not responsible for music files that are not saved on your computer due to unsuccessful
recording from CD or music downloading.
For details on the operation of a Net MD Walkman, refer to the
Net MD Walkman Operating Instructions.
This manual explaings Net MD Simple Burner software installation for use with a Net MD
Walkman. This software makes it easy to record tracks from an audio CD in the CD-ROM
drive of a PC to an MD in the Net MD Walkman. Net MD Simple Burner also allows you to do
MD editing operations from your computer, such as labeling or erasing tracks, etc.
For details on Net MD Simple Burner operations, refer to the Operating Instructions supplied
with the Net MD Simple Burner software.
For details on the use of the Net MD Walkman, refer to the Operating Instructions supplied
with your Net MD Walkman.
• The illustrations in this manual may differ from the actual software.
• Explanations in this manual assume that you are familiar with basic operations of Windows. For how to
use your computer and operating system, please refer to the respective manuals.
• IBM PC/AT or Compatible (The software does not run on Macintosh.)
CPU: MMX™ Pentium
Hard disk drive space: 60 MB or more (The amount of necessary space depends on the
version of the Windows OS or the size of your audio files.)
RAM: 64 MB or higher (128 MB or higher is recommended for Windows
and ® marks are omitted in this
CD-ROM drive (capable of digital playback by WDM)
USB port (supports USB 2.0 Full Speed (previously USB 1.1))
• Operating System: Windows
The NTFS format of Windows
XP Professional (manufacturer-installed) is supported only when used with the
standard (factory) settings.
This software is not supported by the following environments.
– An environment that is an upgrade of the original manufacturer-installed operating
system, as in the following examples:
– Multi-boot environment with Windows
• Display: High (16bit) Color or more (800 480 dot or more)
• Internet access: for software upgrades and CDDB2 use.
• Trouble-free operation is not assured within a multiple-monitor environment.
• We do not assure trouble-free operation for all computers satisfying the system requirements.
• Trouble-free operation is not guaranteed following the self-conducted upgrade of home-built PCs or
• We do not assure trouble-free operation of the system suspend, sleep, or hibernation function on all
233 MHz or higher (Pentium
II 400 MHz or higher is
98 Second Edition/Windows
XP Home Edition/Windows
2000 Professional, Windows
XP Home Edition, or
NT, or other versions of Windows
NT (such as Server)
95 t Windows
98 (or Windows
98 Second Edition/
2000 Professional t Windows
2000 (or Windows
XP) and Windows
98 Second Edition/Windows