1. Introduction The DPH-50U VoIP USB Phone Adapter is an exciting new device that let’s you make and receive Skype™ calls using your standard telephone handset. After you follow the simple installation you will be able to do the following: •...
2. Package Contents The DPH-50U package includes the following (note that your particular hardware and cables may look slightly different than shown below). 1. DPH-50U 2. USB Cable 3. Telephone Cable 4. CD-ROM...
3. Requirements In order to install the DPH-50U VoIP USB Phone Adapter you will need the following: 1. DPH-50U VoIP USB Phone Adapter 2. USB cable 3. RJ11 cable 4. Telephone (regular telephone, cordless phone, DECT phone, …) 5. Telephone service (for conf call, 3 way calling and forwarding features) 6.
4. DPH-50U Installation DO NOT CONNECT THE DPH-50U VoIP USB Phone Adapter TO YOUR COMPUTER UNTIL INSTRUCTED TO DO SO BY THE DPH-50U INSTALLATION WIZARD The following instructions will guide you to through the process of installing the DPH-50U VoIP USB Phone Adapter. The installation procedure is to: •...
STEP 2: Insert the supplied CD-ROM into your PC CD-ROM drive. The installation should start automatically. Please press “Install Utility” You will see the following popup. Press Yes to proceed or No to cancel.
You will see the following progress bar below indicating that the installation is proceeding. Wait until you see the following popup and press the OK button. Connect the USB cable to the D-Link VoIP USB Phone Adapter USB port as shown below:...
Connect NB Connect PC or to an AC Powered USB hub. The D-Link USB Phone Adapter MUST not be connected to a bus powered USB hub. You will see the following Windows New Hardware Found Wizard.
Select Install the software automatically (Recommended) and press the Next button. The installation will continue and you will see the following screen. When you see the following screen, press the Finish button.
Then you will see the following Windows New Hardware Found Wizard screen. Select Install the software automatically (Recommended) and press the Next button. The installation will continue and you will see the following screen.
When you see the following screen, press the Continue Anyway button. When you will see the following screen, select the option, “allow this program to use Skype” and press the OK button. When you see the following screen, press the Finish button.
DPH-50U and the DPH-50U VoIP USB Phone Adapter. You will see a new program group named D-Link USB Phone Adapter, accessed from the Start button -> All Programs as shown below.
STEP 4: Connect a standard telephone handset to the DPH-50U phone jack using a telephone cable as shown below STEP 5: Connect a telephone cable between the DPH-50U line jack and a wall jack as shown below. Note that this is only required for making regular phone calls or for forwarding Skype calls to your mobile (or other off-site) phone or for toll bypass applications.
You final configuration should resemble the following.
If the DPH-50U Agent is not running (i.e. no green telephone in the system tray), make sure the DPH-50U VoIP USB Phone Adapter is connected to the PC and start the DPH-50U as shown below (Start -> All Programs -> D-Link VoIP USB Phone Adapter -> D-Link):...
You may see the following screen, select the option, “allow this program to use Skype” and press the OK button. You should now see the DPH-50U in the Windows System Tray as shown below. You are now ready to use the DPH-50U VoIP USB Phone Adapter.
6. DPH-50U States When the DPH-50U VoIP USB Phone Adapter is installed and the software is installed properly, then you will see a green phone in the system tray as shown below. If the DPH-50U is running and the DPH-50U VoIP USB Phone Adapter is removed or Skype is not running, then the telephone will be red as shown below.
If you send “callme” in a chat with echo123, the echo123 service will call you and let you leave a message which will be played back to you. This will help you verify that the DPH-50U VoIP USB Phone Adapter, D-Link driver and the telephone are all connected and installed properly.
Within 10-20 seconds, you should see the following screen, and the telephone connected to the DPH-50U VoIP USB Phone Adapter should ring. Pick up the handset and follow the instructions. The Echo Test Service will ask you to leave a message which will be played back immediately. This will help you verify that the DPH-50U VoIP USB Phone Adapter, DPH-50U driver and the telephone handset are all connected and installed properly.
When the test concludes you can press OK on the following screen. and then press Finish on the following screen.
7. Making and Receiving Calls You can continue to use the telephone handset connected to the DPH-50U VoIP USB Phone Adapter to make and receive standard telephone calls as you used without any change. To make a standard phone call, just pick up the handset and dial as you normally would.
Step 1: Right click on the desired contact as shown below and select Assign Speed-Dial: Step 2: Enter the desired speed dial number (e.g. 22) as shown below and press the OK button.
Step 3: You will now see an indication that the Skype™ contact has a speed dial associated with them as shown below.
7.2 Switching Between VoIP and Regular Calls While on a regular phone call you may receive a Skype™ call or while on a Skype™ call you may receive a regular call. The DPH-50U will indicate an incoming call with an audible tone and you can switch between the two and back and forth by pressing #1.
Press the Call Forwarding tab to see the Call Forwarding parameters as shown below. In order to forward incoming Skype™ calls to a telephone number such as your mobile phone, change the VOIP to Phone Line settings as follows: Check the Enable Call Forward checkbox as shown below...
Select the number of rings before the forwarding takes place as shown below. Then select the telephone that should be dialed on the telephone line and press the Apply and/or Exit button as shown below. Enter the telephone exactly as you would dial it if you were to pick up a telephone directly connected to the phone line.
If you are on a PBX, you may need to press a digit to get an outside line (i.e. 9). In this case you would enter 9,,,16175551212. In order to forward incoming regular calls to a VoIP call, such as through SkypeOut™...
7.5 Toll Bypass Toll bypass is similar to forwarding, except the incoming caller hears a beep, enters a password and then dials out an arbitrary number instead of fixed forwarding as described in the previous section. There are two common scenarios for this. You can call in from your mobile phone to the computer that the DPH-50U is connected to and make a low cost SkypeOut international call.
You will see the DPH-50U configuration screen as shown below. Press the Call Forwarding tab to see the Call Forwarding parameters as shown below.
In order to enable toll bypass of incoming PSTN calls, change the Phone Line to VOIP settings as follows: Check the Enable Toll Bypass checkbox as shown below Select the number of rings before the forwarding takes place as shown below.
Set your password and press apply as shown below When you call into your telephone line you will hear a beep. Enter the pin code followed by the * button and then enter the Skype speed dial (e.g. 77) or the SkypeOut telephone number (e.g.
7.6 Skype Voicemail With DPH-50U active, the attached telephone handset can be used to check for, and listen to your Skype voicemail. When you have a new Skype voicemail that you have not listened to, you will hear an intermittent beep in the VoIP dial tone. If you have no new voicemail (i.e.
7.7 Recorder With DPH-50U active, the attached telephone handset can be used to check for, and listen to your Skype voicemail. The call recorder is accessed and configured through the DPH-50U Utility Call Recorder tab as shown below. You can change the default location where the recordings will be stored by pressing the button (with three dots) immediately to the right of the location field.
Record All Calls – all calls will be recorded Record pass-through calls – forwarded calls are recorded THE DPH-50U STORES FILES TO YOUR HARD DISK DRIVE. D-Link IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY TECHNICAL OR LEGAL ISSUES THAT MAY ARISE FROM USING THE...
7.8 Changing the Default Settings You can change the default settings for sending a call, activating a Skype™ call, switching between a Skype™ call and a regular call (call waiting) and conference calling, by running the DPH-50U configuration. Right click on the DPH-50U and select Configure as shown below. You will see the configuration tab as shown below.
Press the Restore Defaults button if you want to restore all sequences to their factory shipped settings.
9. Uninstall In order to uninstall the DPH-50U, click on the uninstall utility in the DPH-50U program group accessed from the Start button -> All Programs -> DPH-50U. You will see the uninstall indicator as follows. When the uninstall indicator disappears, the un-installation is complete.
10. Installing a New Version When you install a new version of DPH-50U software, at the end you will see a slightly different Skype warning message as shown below. Select “Allow this program to use Skype” and press OK as shown below:...
11. Troubleshooting The first step in troubleshooting is to read the readme.txt that appears in the DPH-50U program group. It contains a list of known issues for the current DP-50U driver version. To find out the driver version, right click on the DPH-50U (green telephone in the system tray) and select About.
Check to make sure that the handset is connected to the correct jack on the DPH-50U Q5. Cannot hear the Skype™ call in telephone handset Check to make sure that Skype is configured to use the D-Link Audio device as it’s Audio In and Audio Out Sound Device. This is done as following:...
Sound Devices as shown below. Check the Audio In and Audio Out list boxes and make sure D-Link Virtual Audio device is selected. Q6. Call Forwarding is not working properly • Make sure that a telephone cable is plugged into the DPH-50U line jack and to the wall phone plug •...