Adjust the Doors
Your refrigerator has two front adjustable rollers – one on the right
and one on the left. If your refrigerator seems unsteady or you
want the doors to close easier, adjust the refrigerator's tilt using
the instructions below.
NOTE: 21 cu ft models have an additional leveling leg located in
front of the right-hand roller assembly. After adjusting the
refrigerator to the desired tilt, turn this leveling leg until it is firmly
against the floor.
21 cu ft Models only
A. Leveling leg
To comply with American Disabilities Act (ADA) guidelines,
fully retract the rollers into the cabinet to lower the refrigerator.
1. Remove the base grille. See the Base Grille graphic in
"Refrigerator Doors." The two leveling screws are part of the
front roller assemblies which are at the base of the refrigerator
on either side.
2. Use a socket driver to adjust the leveling screws. Turn the
leveling screw to the right to raise that side of the refrigerator
or turn the leveling screw to the left to lower that side. It may
take several turns of the leveling screws to adjust the tilt of the
NOTE: Having someone push against the top of the
refrigerator takes some weight off the leveling screws and
rollers which makes it easier to adjust.
3. Open both doors again to make sure they close as easily as
you like and that they stay closed. If not, tilt the refrigerator
slightly more to the rear by turning both leveling screws to the
right. It may take several more turns.
NOTE: To keep the refrigerator level, you should turn both
leveling screws the same amount.
4. Replace the base grille.
If the space between your doors looks uneven, you can adjust it
using the instructions below:
1. Pry off the top hinge cover.
2. Loosen the top hinge screws using a
3. Have someone hold the door in place or put a spacer between
the doors while you tighten the top hinge screws.
4. Replace the top hinge cover.
Install Air Filter
(on some models)
On some models, your refrigerator's accessory packet includes
an air filter, which must be installed prior to use. On some models,
the air filter is already installed at the factory.
The air filter reduces the buildup of odors. This helps to maintain a
cleaner environment inside the refrigerator.
Installing the Air Filter (on some models)
The filter should be installed behind the vented door, which is
located (depending on your model) along either the rear or left
interior wall near the top of the refrigerator compartment.
1. Remove the air filter from its packaging.
2. Lift open the vented door.
3. Snap the filter into place.
Air Filter Status Indicator (on some models)
Style 1 - Install Manual Air Filter Status Indicator
The filter comes with a status indicator, which should be activated
and installed at the same time the air filter is installed.
1. Place the indicator face-down on a firm, flat surface.
2. Apply pressure to the bubble on the back of the indicator, until
the bubble pops to activate the indicator.
3. Lift open the vented air filter door. On some models, there are
notches behind the door.
" socket or wrench.