High Definition CRT Projection Television
• Integrated ATSC Tuner and Digital Cable Ready with Cable Card Slot
• HD MICROFOCUS™ CRT and Lens System
• DRC™ (Digital Reality Creation™) MultiFunction V1 Technology
• Memory Stick® Playback (JPEG, MPEG1)*
HD MICROFOCUS™ CRT and Lens System
incorporates smaller phosphor particles and a thinner phosphor
layer than Sony's previous MICROFOCUS picture tubes, to achieve a 28% reduction in beam spot size. This
translates directly into sharper focus, higher contrast and a brighter image, for a picture of stunning clarity.
DRC™ Digital Reality Creation™ Multi-function Circuitry
analyzes a 480i NTSC image and creates a digital bit
mapped pattern in real time. The original NTSC signal is mapped in real time, replaced with an HD representative,
and then discarded. Because DRC™ processes video signals in real time, it creates an image with 4X the density
of the original signal. Resolution is increased both vertically and horizontally.
MID®-X Multi Image Driver Circuitry
is specially designed for fixed pixel displays. It performs two major functions
– scaling all incoming standard and high definition signals to the configuration of the panel without degrading
signal quality, and providing unique Twin-View scalable picture-and-picture features once impossible for
fixed pixel displays. Watch SD and HD on the same screen at the same time.