Notes on using the camera
Internal memory and "Memory
Stick Duo" back up
Do not turn off the camera, remove the battery
pack, or remove the "Memory Stick Duo" while
the access lamp is lit. Otherwise, the internal
memory data or "Memory Stick Duo" may be
damaged. Be sure to make a backup copy to
protect your data.
Notes on recording/playback
• Before you start recording, make a trial
recording to make sure that the camera is
• The camera is neither dust-proof, nor splash-
proof, nor water-proof. Read "Precautions"
(page 32) before operating the camera.
• Avoid exposing the camera to water. If water
enters inside the camera, a malfunction may
occur. In some cases, the camera cannot be
• Do not aim the camera at the sun or other bright
light. It may cause the malfunction of the
• Do not use the camera near a location that
generates strong radio waves or emits radiation.
Otherwise, the camera may not properly record
or play back images.
• Using the camera in sandy or dusty locations
may cause malfunctions.
• If moisture condensation occurs, remove it
before using the camera (page 32).
• Do not shake or strike the camera. It may cause
a malfunction and you may not be able to record
images. Furthermore, the recording media may
become unusable or image data may be
• Clean the flash surface before use. The heat of
flash emission may cause dirt on the flash
surface to become discolored or to stick to the
flash surface, resulting in insufficient light
Notes on the LCD screen and
• The LCD screen is manufactured using
extremely high-precision technology so over
99.99% of the pixels are operational for
effective use. However, some tiny black and/or
bright dots (white, red, blue or green) may
appear on the LCD screen. These dots are a
normal result of the manufacturing process, and
do not affect the recording.
• When the battery level becomes low, the lens
might stop moving. Insert a charged battery
pack and turn on the camera again.
On image data compatibility
• The camera conforms with DCF (Design rule
for Camera File system) universal standard
established by JEITA (Japan Electronics and
Information Technology Industries
• Sony does not guarantee that the camera will
play back images recorded or edited with other
equipment, or that other equipment will play
back images recorded with the camera.
Warning on copyright
Television programs, films, videotapes, and other
materials may be copyrighted. Unauthorized
recording of such materials may be contrary to the
provisions of the copyright laws.
No compensation for damaged
content or recording failure
Sony cannot compensate for failure to record or
loss or damage of recorded content due to a
malfunction of the camera or recording media,