Thank you for purchasing a SHARP PC-GP Series personal computer. Follow the instructions below to use the computer for the first time.
Be sure to check all the
following items are included:
• Notebook Computer
• AC Power Code
• AC Adapter
• Battery Pack
• Modem Cable
• Core for a IEEE1394 cable
• Core for a LAN cable
• Recovery CD-ROM Pack
• Windows XP Quick Start Guide
• Operation Manual
• Supplement Booklet
Carefully inspect each component to make
sure nothing is missing or damaged. If any of
these items is missing or damaged, notify
your dealer immediately. Be sure to save the
shipping materials and carton in case you
need to ship or store the computer in the
Attach the included cores to your LAN cable
and IEEE 1394 cable to insure compliance
with requirements of EMC regulations for
Some other brochures or supplements may
also be contained.
PC-GP Series Quick Setup Guide
Install the battery pack included
with your computer.
1. Slide the battery lock lever to the left.
Battery Lock Lever
2. Install the battery into the computer.
3. Push the battery pack into the computer
until you hear the clicking sound.
4. Slide the battery lock lever to the right. The
battery pack is locked.
5. Turn over the computer and go to the
Connect AC adapter to the computer.
1. Plug the AC adapter cable to the AC
adapter jack on the rear side of your
2. Plug the AC power cord into the AC
3. Plug the AC power cord into a wall
AC Adapter Jack
AC Power Cord
• Always use the AC adapter included with
the computer or the optional one (may not
be available in some countries). Using
other AC adapters may damage the
• Always hold the AC power cord by its plug
when removing it from the wall outlet.
Never pull on the cord.
• When using the computer for the first time,
be sure to connect it to AC power. If using
the battery instead, you may not be able to
complete the Windows XP setup if the
battery does not have enough power.
Please turn over and
go to the next section