Model Number: RC5240P
The following information should be added to the Troubleshooting Section in chapter 6 of your
User's Manual. In order for you to get optimum use from your RC5240P DVD player, please keep
this sheet with your User's Manual for future reference. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Programming the Remote
The remote can be programmed to control most brands of remote controllable TVs. The remote is already programmed to
control most RCA, PROSCAN, and GE TVs.
Testing the remote
To determine whether the remote needs to be programmed, turn the TV ON, point the remote at the TV, and press the TV
button. Then press POWER or CH+ (channel up) or CH- (channel down) to see if the TV responds to the remote commands. If
not, the remote needs to be programmed.
To control a TV that is not an RCA, PROSCAN or GE TV, you'll need to enter the specific codes for the brand of TV you have.
1. Turn on the TV to be programmed.
2. Look up the brand and code number(s) for the TV on the code list on the reverse side of this sheet.
3. Point the DVD Player's remote at the TV.
4. Press and hold the TV button on the remote.
5. Enter the code from the Remote Control code list (see reverse).
6. Release the TV button, and then press ON•OFF to see if the TV responds to the command. If it doesn't, try pressing the TV
button and then ON•OFF again.
7. If you get no response, repeat these steps using the next code listed for your brand, until the TV responds to the remote
Note: This remote may not be compatible with all brands and models of televisions.
You must continue pressing the TV button while you enter the code.
For example, let's say you have a Zenith TV. To program the remote to operate the TV you would:
Press and hold the TV button while you enter the first code listed for Zenith in the TV Codes column.
Release the TV button. Press ON•OFF to see if the TV responds. If it doesn't, follow the same steps, but enter the second code
instead of the first.
Addendum to User's Manual