This product conforms to CEMA cord colors.
Le code de couleur des câbles utilisé pour ce produit est
conforme à CEMA.
Los colores de los cables este producto se conforman
con el código de colores CEMA.
Printed in Thailand
Imprimé en Thaïlande
Connecting the Units
• This unit is for vehicles with a 12-volt battery and
• When this product's source is switched ON, a con-
negative grounding. Before installing it in a recre-
trol signal is output through the blue/white lead.
ational vehicle, truck or bus, check the battery
Connect to an external power amp's system remote
control or the car's Auto-antenna relay control ter-
• To avoid shorts in the electrical system, be sure to
minal (max. 300 mA 12 V DC). If the car features
disconnect the ≠ battery cable before beginning
a glass antenna, connect to the antenna booster
power supply terminal.
• Refer to the owner's manual for details on con-
• When an external power amp is being used with
necting the power amp and other units, then make
this system, be sure not to connect the blue/white
lead to the amp's power terminal. Likewise, do not
• Secure the wiring with cable clamps or adhesive
connect the blue/white lead to the power terminal
tape. To protect the wiring, wrap adhesive tape
of the auto-antenna. Such connection could cause
around them where they lie against metal parts.
excessive current drain and malfunction.
• Route and secure all wiring so it cannot touch any
• To avoid a short-circuit, cover the disconnected
moving parts, such as the gear shift, handbrake and
lead with insulating tape. Insulate the unused
seat rails. Do not route wiring in places that get
speaker leads without fail. There is a possibility of
hot, such as near the heater outlet. If the insulation
a short-circuit if the leads are not insulated.
of the wiring melts or gets torn, there is a danger of
• To prevent incorrect connection, the input side of
the wiring short-circuiting to the vehicle body.
the IP-BUS connector is blue, and the output side
• Don't pass the yellow lead through a hole into the
is black. Connect the connections of the same col-
engine compartment to connect to the battery. This
will damage the lead insulation and cause a very
• If this unit is installed in a vehicle that does not
have an ACC (accessory) position on the ignition
• Do not shorten any leads. If you do, the protection
switch, the red lead of the unit should be connected
circuit may fail to work when it should.
to a terminal coupled with ignition switch ON/OFF
• Never feed power to other equipment by cutting
operations. If this is not done, the vehicle battery
the insulation of the power supply lead of the unit
may be drained when you are away from the vehi-
and tapping into the lead. The current capacity of
cle for several hours. (Fig. 1)
the lead will be exceeded, causing overheating.
• When replacing the fuse, be sure to only use a fuse
of the rating prescribed on this unit.
• Since a unique BPTL circuit is employed, never
wire so the speaker leads are directly grounded or
the left and right ≠ speaker leads are common.
• The black lead is ground. Please ground this lead
separately from the ground of high-current prod-
ucts such as power amps.
No ACC position
If you ground the products together and the ground
becomes detached, there is a risk of damage to the
products or fire.
• Speakers connected to this unit must be high-
power with minimum rating of 50 W and imped-
• Cords for this product and those for other prod-
ance of 4 to 8 ohms. Connecting speakers with out-
ucts may be different colors even if they have the
put and/or impedance values other than those
same function. When connecting this product to
noted here may result in the speakers catching fire,
another product, refer to the supplied manuals of
emitting smoke, or becoming damaged.
both products and connect cords that have the
To terminal always supplied
with power regardless of
ignition switch position.
To electric terminal controlled
by ignition switch (12 V DC)
To vehicle (metal) body.
With a 2 speaker system, do not connect
anything to the speaker leads that are not
connected to speakers.
Perform these connections when using
the optional amplifier.
with RCA pin plugs
IP-BUS input (Blue)
Jack for the Wired Remote Control
Please see the Instruction Manual for the
Wired Remote Control (sold separately).
To system control terminal of the power amp
or Auto-antenna relay control terminal
(max. 300 mA 12 V DC).
System remote control