Timex T307 Clock Radio with MP3 Manual
Installation and Maintenance
- Remove the unit and all packing materials from the carton. You should save packing materials in case unit needs to be returned for service. If you do not wish to save the materials, please dispose of them properly.
- Place the unit on a stable, level surface, cloSeto an AC outlet, out of direct sunlight, and away from sources of dust, dirt, heat, water, moisture, vibration, and strong magnetic fields.
- After installing the batteries (see below) and reading the Maintenance notes, plug the AC cord into an outlet.
"Sure Alarm" Battery Backup Installation
It is strongly recommended that 2 "AAA" alkaline batteries be installed into the unit, as directed below, to activate the "Sure Alarm" battery backup feature. In the event that the AC power cord is disconnected or a power failure or other interruption occurs, the "Sure Alarm" system will maintain the clock and alarm settings for the life of the batteries, ensuring that the alarm will sound at the set time (note: while operating on battery power, all set alarms will sound as a buzzer). When power has been restored, the clock will cease using the battery power, and will once again operate on AC power.
- Gently turn the unit over and remove the battery compartment door.
- Install 2 "AAA" batteries (alkaline batteries are recommended for longer life) into the battery compartment, making sure that the + and – ends match the diagram printed inside the compartment.
- CloSethe battery compartment door, making sure the door locks into place, and gently return the unit to its upright position.
- Place the unit on a level surface away from direct sunlight or sources of excessive heat.
- Protect your furniture when placing the unit on natural wood or wood with a lacquered finish. A cloth or other protective material should be placed between the unit and the furniture.
- Clean the casing with a soft cloth moistened only with mild soap and water. Stronger cleaning agents, such as thinner or similar agents, are not recommended, as they may damage the surface of the case.
- If the unit is not to be used for a prolonged period, such as a month or longer, remove the batteries to prevent possible corrosion. Should the battery compartment become corroded or dirty, clean the compartment thoroughly and replace the batteries.
Controls and Indicators
LCD Display with Indicators
Auto-Set and Manual Time and Date Settings
Auto-Set Time and Date Settings
This model is equipped with the Auto-Set feature, meaning that the time and date have been programmed at the factory and will already be set when you first plug the model in. Auto-Set will automatically adjust the time and date settings for daylight-saving time and leap years. Auto-Set is programmed for Eastern Standard Time; if you do not live in this time zone, you can easily switch the setting to one of six other time zones.
- To change your time zone setting, press and hold the 8 Time Zone Button. The current Auto- Set Time Zone in the lower-right-hand corner of the display will flash for approximately ten seconds, after which the display will revert to the standard clock display.
- While the Auto- Set Time Zone is flashing, press the 1 Reverse and 6 Forward Buttons to select your time zone. The display will show each zone's current time setting. There are seven zones to choose from:
Auto-Set Time Zones
Z- 01Atlantic Standard Time
Z- 02Easte rn Standard Time
Z- 03Ce ntral Standard Time
Z- 04Mountain Standard Time
Z- 05Pacific Standard Time
Z- 06Alaskan Standard Time
Z- 07Hawaiian Standard Time
- Find your time zone, then press the 4 Enter Button or wait about ten seconds for the clock to beep twice and the setting to lock into place.
Manual Time and Date Settings
- To change your time setting, press and hold the J Time Set Butt n so that the clock display begins flashing.
- While the display flashes, press the 1 Reverse and 6 Forward Buttons to set the time. Hold a button for a few seconds to set the time rapidly. Be sure to set the correct AM/PM time, shown by the PM Indicator.
- After setting the time, press the 4 Enter Button or wait about ten seconds for the clock to beep twice and the setting to lock into place.
- To change the calendar, press and hold the 9 Date / 7- 5- 2 Button until the display shows the flashing year.
- Press the 1 Reverse and 6 Forward Buttons to set the current year. When you have selected the year, press the 4 Ente r Button, then uSethe 1 Reverse and 6 Forward Buttons to set the month/day.
- After you have set the date, press the 4 Enter Button or wait for the display to beep twice and lock into place.
Operating the Dual Alarm System
This clock radio features a dual alarm system, with two alarms that can be operated independently. The alarms can be set to wake two people at different times, or to have a main alarm and a backup. One alarm features your choice of radio stations as an alarm wake sound, while the second features a nature sound or buzzer as an alarm wake sound. You can set the radio alarm, the nature sound/buzzer alarm, or both alarms.
Setting the Alarm 1 for AM/FM Radio
- Press and hold the 2 Radio Alarm 1 Button. The display will flash and the Radio Alarm Indicator will appear. If you do not begin setting the time within ten seconds of pressing the button, the display will stop flashing and you will need to press the 2 Radio Alarm 1 Button again.
- While the display flashes, press the 1 Reverse and 6 Forward Buttons to set the wake time. Hold a button for a few seconds to set the time rapidly. Be sure to set the correct AM/PM time, as shown by the PM Indicator.
- After setting the radio alarm time, while the display is still flashing you will need to select the station. First, press the L Mode / DST Button to select a radio frequency. Next, select a station using the M MemorySet 1- 6 Buttons. For more information on programming radio stations into memory, see the Programming Radio Station Settings section of this manual. Rotate the O Volume Thumbwheel to set the wake sound volume.
- After setting the radio alarm wake time and sound, you will need to select the 7-5-2 setting. The 7-5-2 setting lets you set the alarm for a full week, weekdays only, or the weekend. Before setting the alarm, be sure that the correct date is set, as shown in the "Auto-Set" and Manual Time and Date Settings section of the manual. While the display is still flashing, press the 9 Date / 7- 5- 2 Button until the desired setting is shown.
- After you have set the radio alarm wake time, sound, and 7-5-2 setting, press the 4 Enter Button. The Radio Alarm Indicator will appear on the display, showing that the radio alarm has been set.
Setting Alarm 2 for Nature Sounds/Buzzer
- Press and hold the 7 Nature Sounds/Buzzer Alarm 2 Button until the Alarm 2 settings and Sounds Alarm Indicator appear on the display.
- Press the 1 Reverse or 6 Forward Button to set the Alarm 2 time.
- USethe L Mode/DST Button to select a nature sound or the buzzer to wake to. There is a choice of five sounds:
Sound #1: Ocean Surf
Sound #2: Birds
Sound #3: Brook
Sound #4: Wind Chimes
- See Note #4 in the Setting Alarm 1 section for instructions on setting the 7-5-2 alarm setting for Alarm 2.
- After you have programmed the Alarm 2 settings, press the 4 Enter Button or wait ten seconds to return to the clock display. The Sounds Alarm Indicator will appear on the display, showing that the alarm is set.
Activating the Alarms
- To activate the radio alarm, make sure that the Radio Alarm Indicator appears on the display. If it does not, press the 2 Radio Alarm 1 Button once so that it does. As long as the indicator appears, the alarm will sound at the set time and days.
- To activate the nature sounds/buzzer alarm, make sure that the Sounds Alarm Indicator appears on the display. If it does not, press the 7 Nature Sounds/ Buzzer Alarm 2 Button once so that it does.
- When the alarm sounds, press the 3 Off/ Reset Button to turn off the alarm while still maintaining the programmed 7-5-2 alarm settings. To turn off an alarm and cancel its 7-5-2 settings, press its Alarm Button so that its Alarm Indicator no longer appears on the display.
- To activate the snooze feature, press the 5 Snooze / Dimmer Bar when the alarm sounds. The alarm will shut off for approximately ten minutes before sounding again. The feature can be repeated several times during the one-hour snooze cycle.
- If it is not turned off, the alarm will sound for an hour before stopping. As long as an Alarm Indicator appears on the display, the alarm will sound at the set time, according to the 7-5-2 settings.
Daylight-Saving Time (DST) and Leap Year Adjustments
If you live in an area that does not observe Daylight-Saving Time, it will be necessary for you to manually set the DaylightSaving Time (DST) function.
- Press the N Power/ Sleep Button to turn the unit OFF.
- Press and hold the L Mo de / DST Button for 5 seconds to turn "DST" on. The LCD display will indicate "DST".
- Press and hold the L Mode / DST Button for 5 seconds again to cancel the "DST" function and restore to standard time.
Adjusting the Display Backlight
- This alarm clock radio features an adjustable display backlight, with dim, medium, and bright settings. To select a backlight setting, press the 5 Snooze / Dimmer Bar until the desired brightness is reached.
Please note that the backlight will not work while the clock is ope rating on battery power.
Listening and Sleeping to the Radio
Operating the Radio
- Press the N Power/ Sleep Button once to turn on the radio.
Note: If the N Power/Sleep Button is pressed more than once, the unit will enter the sleep mode, with the radio operating on a timer. See Sleeping to the Radio Using the Timer for more information about this feature.
- Press the L Mode / DST Button to select the AM band or one of the two FM bands. The Radio Band Indicator will show which frequency is in use.
- Press the 1 Reverse and 6 Forward Buttons to tune into a radio station. To scan the stations, hold a button for about three seconds. The radio will rapidly advance to the next strong signal.
- You may also uSethe M MemorySet Buttons to select a preset radio station. See the Programming Radio Station Memories section for instructions on programming radio station settings.
- Rotate the O Volume Thumbwheel to adjust the volume level.
- Press the 3 Off/ Reset Button to turn the power off.
Programming Radio Station Settings
This Alarm Clock Radio features a total of 18 programmable radio settings: 12 FM stations and six AM stations. These allow you to preset your favorite stations and access them quickly.
- Press the N Power/ Sleep Button once to turn on the radio.
- Press the L Mode / DST Button to select a radio band. The AM/ FM Radio Indicator will show which band is in use.
- Press the 1 Reverse and 6 Forward Buttons to find a station to program into the memory.
- When you have reached the station you wish to program, press and hold one of the six M Memory Set Buttons until you hear a beep. The radio station has now been programmed into that preset slot, and you can reach the station by pressing its M Memory Set Button while the radio is turned on.
- Follow the above instructions to continue programming radio station settings into the memory. You can save a total of 18 stations using the three bands.
- To edit a setting, enter a different radio station as an existing M Memory Set Button. This overrides the original setting.
Antenna Information and Adjustment
FM– Extend the FM wire antenna to its full length and vary the direction to its strongest signal.
AM– The AM bar antenna is located inside the cabinet. Rotate the unit until you find the strongest AM signal.
Last Station Memory
The tuner always remembers the last station selected before the radio was switched off, and automatically selects the station again when the radio is turned on.
Sleeping to the Radio Using the Timer
Note: For more information about playing the radio, see the Listening to the Radio section of this manual.
- Press the N Power/ Sleep Button twice to enter the sleep mode.
- Continue pressing the N Power/ Sleep Button to select a 90-, 60-, 30-, or 15-minute sleep time. When the display shows the desired sleep time, stop pressing the button. The sleep timer setting remains active for approximately ten seconds before returning to the standard clock display. The Sleep Indicator will appear, showing that the radio timer has been activated.
- Select a radio station using the L Mode / DST Button and the M MemorySet Buttons.
- Press the K Sleep Volume Button to adjust the sleep volume to a comfortable level without affecting the alarm volume. The Sleep Volume Indicator will show the current sleep volume level. Turning the O Volume Thumbwheel will also adjust the sleep volume.
- The radio will play for the programmed sleep time and then shut off. To check how much sleep time is remaining, press the N Power/ Sleep Button once.
- To turn off the radio before the sleep time has elapsed, press the 3 Off/ Reset Button.
Sleeping to Nature Sounds with Timer
- Press the N Power/ Sleep Button twice to enter the sleep mode. This sets the sleep timer to the 90-minute setting. The sleep timer setting remains active for approximately ten seconds before returning to the standard display. The Sleep Indicator will be visible in the LCD display.
- Continue pressing the N Power/ Sleep Button to select a 90-, 60-, 30-, or 15-minute sleep timer.
- Press the L Mode / DST Button then 1 Reverse or 6 Forward Button to choose from the four nature sounds.
- Press the K Sleep Volume Button to find a comfortable sleep volume level. The Sleep Volume Indicator on the display shows the sleep volume level. Adjusting the sleep volume will not affect the alarm volume.
- Press the 3 Off/ Reset Button to turn off the nature sounds before the sleep time has elapsed.
Note: To see the number of minutes remaining on the sleep timer, press the N Power/ Sleep Button once. The display will show the Sleep Time for approximately ten seconds before returning to the normal mode.
Listening and Sleeping to the AUX-IN Device
- Connect your MP3, Discman or other device into the P AUX Jack located on the right side of the unit with mini plug cord.
- Press the N Power/ Sleep Button once to turn the unit ON and press the L Mode / DST Button to AUX
- Turn on the external device and adjust the device output level or the Volume Thumbwheel to adjust the volume level.
- Press the 3 Off/ Reset Button to turn the unit off.
When no longer listening to music from the AUX-IN Device, be sure to press the 3 Off/ Reset Button OFF.
Documents / Resources
Here you can download full pdf version of manual, it may contain additional safety instructions, warranty information, FCC rules, etc.
Download Timex T307 Clock Radio with MP3 Manual