Samsung aio Galaxy Amp Quick Start Guide
Get to know your phone
Unlocking your phone
- Press the power/lock key on top of the phone.
- Swipe the screen.
Inserting the battery and SIM card
- Remove back cover.
- Insert microSIM with gold-colored contacts facing down.
- Insert microSD™ card (not included) with gold-colored contacts facing down.
- Insert battery making sure the connectors align.
- Replace back cover and charge your phone.
- Tap and hold a blank space on one of the home screens and choose:
- Set wallpaper: Change your home screen and lock screen wallpaper.
- Add to home screen:
- Apps and widgets: Add shortcuts and widgets for your favorite apps.
- Folder: Organize app shortcuts into folders.
- Page: Create additional home screens.
- Tap the option you desire and follow instructions.
Organizing home screens
- To move a widget, shortcut or folder, tap and hold and drag it to a new location.
- To delete it, tap and hold and drag it to the trash bin .
These services make using Aio even better and easier!
My Aio: Access billing, make quick payment, view usage and access support from the palm of your hand.
Aio Wi-Fi: Automatically connect to free and open Wi-Fi hotspots, helping you to maximize data usage and enhance coverage.
Aio Voicemail: Quickly view, access and play back your voicemail messages. Easily save important numbers to your Favorites list and respond to messages by calling back or texting.
To update and use apps
- From the main home screen, swipe right to see next home screen or tap to open the App tray.
- Tap the applicable icon and then tap the button at the bottom of the screen to go to Google Play.
- In Google Play, tap Update.
- Tap Accept and Download.
- Once installed, you will see a notification in the Notification panel. Tap notification to open app or locate it in the App tray or on the home screen.
Apps on Google Play
Access Google Play
- From the home screen, tap Play Store .
- Use your existing Google™ account or create one following the steps on the screen.
Navigate Google Play
From Play Store, you will have multiple ways to search for apps, games and more.
- Tap a category to browse popular apps, games, movies and music organized by popularity or category.
- Tap Search to search the Play Store for a specific game or app.
- To install, tap the app and follow instructions. Once installed, you will see a notification in the Notifications panel.
Open the app from this notification or by locating the app in the App tray .
Note: A Google Checkout™ payment method is required to purchase apps.
Camera and video
Take a picture
- From the home screen, tap Camera .
- Tap Capture to take a photo.
Take a video
- From the home screen, tap Camera , then slide button in upper right hand corner to .
- Tap Record to start recording.
- Tap Stop to end recording.
Send a picture
- After taking the picture, tap Image viewer at the bottom right of the screen, then tap Share at the top of the screen.
- Select desired option to send via messaging or email, Picasa, and more.
Create a slideshow
- After taking more than one picture, tap Image viewer at the bottom right of the screen.
- Tap the Menu key, tap Slideshow , then tap Slideshow settings.
- Select the desired effect, music and speed, then tap Start.
Note: Tap Settings in camera or video mode for additional settings and custom shooting modes.
On the web
Detailed support information, including device specifications, troubleshooting and FAQs are available at: www.aiowireless.com/support/devices.
On the phone
- Call Aio Customer Care at 1-855-246-2461 or
- Dial 611 from your Aio phone
Aio offers a full line of accessories. For more information, go to www.aiowireless.com/shop/accessories or visit your local Aio retailer.
Product meets FCC Radio Frequency Exposure Guidelines—FCC ID A3LSGHI407. This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules.
Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- this device may not cause harmful interference, and
- this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
© 2013 Samsung Telecommunications America, LLC. Samsung, Galaxy and Amp are all trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. Screen images simulated. Appearance of device may vary. © 2013 Aio Wireless LLC. All rights reserved. Aio, Aio Wireless and the Aio logo are trademarks of Aio Wireless LLC. Other marks are the property of their respective owners.
Documents / Resources
Here you can download full pdf version of manual, it may contain additional safety instructions, warranty information, FCC rules, etc.
Download Samsung aio Galaxy Amp Quick Start Guide