Inspired by aircraft construction, the HP EliteBook 2530p offers the perfect
blend of minimalist design and maximum durability. Built with only the finest
materials, it sets a new standard for on-the-move productivity with all-day
battery life and rugged HP DuraCase design. With a starting weight of only
1.45kg, this highly innovative notebook stands up to tough conditions too
with its military class durability.
Sophisticated new design
Brushed, anodized aluminum
The Elitebook was designed to
surface, touch-sensitive controls
meet MIL-STD 810F requirements
– you get all that in compact
These include a series of tough,
notebook with a starting weight of
military reliability tests that measure
resistance to shock, moisture,
dust, vibration and exposure to
temperatures of up to 60º/140º and
Up to 8GB RAM
Flexible, high performance drive configurations
Increase your system's performance,
Choose the ultra-small 1.8-inch SATA hard drive and you enjoy the
enabling a quicker boot-up and
convenience of an optional integrated optical drive. Or opt for
the ability to run multiple programs
2.5-inch SATA hard drive and enjoy higher performance and connectivity
simultaneously now with two memory
possibilities of an additional USB port.
slots which support up to 8GB of
DDR2 SDRAM 800MHz memory.
Primary battery life with ULV processors*
3-cell (31 WHr) Lithium-Ion battery ..................... up to 4h 00m
+ HP 6-cell (55 WHr) Lithium-Ion battery ............ up to 7h 30m
+ HP 9-cell (83 WHr) Lithium-Ion battery ............ up to 1 1h 15m
* Battery life will vary depending on the product configuration, product model, applications loaded on the product, power management settings of the product,
and the product features used by the customer. As with all batteries, the maximum capacity of this battery will decrease with time and usage.
HP EliteBook 2530p
4, 5, 6
Ports and connectors
Dimension (h x w x d)
2 with vPro™
Delivers active management features
with remote PC repair over the
network and intelligent energy
HP recommends Windows Vista
Genuine Windows Vista
Genuine Windows Vista
Genuine Windows Vista
Genuine Windows Vista
Business downgrade to Genuine Windows
SuSe Linux Enterprise Desktop 10
Core™ 2 Duo Low Voltage Processor (up to 1 .8 GHz, 6 MB L2 cache, 1066 MHz FSB)
Core™ 2 Duo Ultra Low Voltage Processor (up to 1 .2 GHz, 3 MB L2 cache, 800 MHz FSB)
GS45 Express Chipset with ICH9M-Enhanced (supports Intel
2 with vPro™ technology)
DDR2 SDRAM, 800MHz, two slots supporting dual channel memory,
1024/2048/4096 MB SODIMMs, up to 8192MB total
80/120 GB 1 .8-inch 5400rpm SATA HDD, 120 GB 2.5-inch 5400rpm SATA HDD or 160 GB 7200rpm SATA HDD with HP 3D DriveGuard; 80 GB Solid State Drive
Fixed 9.5mm SATA optical drive (available only with 1 .8-inch hard drive): DVD +/-RW SuperMulti DL (Double Layer), DVD-ROM
12. 1 -inch diagonal WXGA (1280 x 800) HP Illumi-Lite LED panel, optional 2 MP Webcam
Mobile Intel GMA 4500MHD, up to 384 MB of shared system memory, Microsoft
DirectX 10 (Shader 4.0) and OpenGL 2.0 capable
High definition audio, integrated speakers, stereo headphone/line out, stereo microphone in, integrated dual-microphone array
Optional HP un2400 HSPA (High Speed Packet Access) Mobile Broadband Module (requires mobile network operator service); Intel 802. 1 1a/b/g/draft-n,
Broadcom 802. 1 1 a/b/g/draft-n or b/g, Bluetooth
2.0, HP Wireless Assistant
Intel Gigabit Network Connection
(10/100/1000 NIC), 56K v.92 modem
1 ExpressCard/54 slot (also supports ExpressCard/34), Secure Digital slot
2 USB 2.0 ports (third USB available with 2.5-inch hard drive), VGA-out, stereo microphone in, stereo headphone/line out, 1 394a, power connector, RJ- 1 1/modem,
RJ-45/ethernet, docking connector for HP 2400/2500 Ultra-Light Docking Station
Full-sized keyboard, enhanced dual pointing devices (touchpad and pointstick) with scroll zone, optional 2 MP Webcam
with Business Card Reader Software
2 with vPro technology capable,
HP Client Manager Software, HP Client Configuration Management Agent
HP Recovery Manager (Vista only), HP Help and Support Center, HP QuickLook 2, HP Universal Print Driver, HP ProtectTools Security Manager, HP Quick Launch Buttons,
HP Wireless Assistant, Microsoft
Office Ready with 60-day Office Professional 2007 Trial Edition (select models), PDF Complete SE, Intervideo WinDVD – DVD Player,
Roxio Creator Business (for optional DVD+/-RW and DVD/CDRW drives), McAfee Total Protection
, Synaptics Touchpad Driver, Microsoft
models), HP Webcam Software
Standard: HP ProtectTools, TPM Embedded Security Chip 1 .2,
Enhanced Pre-Boot Security, HP SpareKey, HP Disk Sanitizer, Enhanced DriveLock, HP Fingerprint Sensor,
Drive Encryption for HP ProtectTools, Credential Manager for HP ProtectTools, File Sanitizer for HP ProtectTools
Optional: Smart Card Reader (replaces ExpressCard slot),
Kensington Lock slot, HP Privay Filter, McAfee Security Solution
0.99 in (at front) x 1 1 . 1 1 in x 8.44 in / 25.2 mm (at front) x 282.3 mm x 21 4.3 mm
Starting at: 3. 1 9lbs / 1 .45kg (weight will vary by configuration)
9-cell (83 WHr) Lithium-Ion battery, 6-cell (55 WHr) Lithium-Ion battery, 3-cell (3 1 WHr) Lithium-Ion battery, 65W HP Smart AC Adapter, HP Fast Charge
HP 2400/2500 Ultra-Light Docking Station, HP Monitor Stand, HP Adjustable Notebook Stand
Limited 3-year and 1-year warranty options available depending on country, 1-year limited warranty on primary battery
1. Certain Windows Vista product features require advanced or additional hardware. See www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/hardwarereqs.mspx and www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/
capable.mspx for details. Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor can help you determine which features of Windows Vista will run on your computer. To download the tool, visit www.windowsvista.com/
2. Dual Core is a new technology designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. 64-bit computing
on Intel architecture requires a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, operating system, device drivers and applications enabled for Intel® 64 architecture. Processors will not operate (including 32-bit
operation) without an Intel 64 architecture-enabled BIOS. Performance will vary depending on your hardware and software configurations. See www.intel.com/info/em64t for more information.
3. Do not copy copy-right protected materials. Intended for creation and storage of your original material and other lawful uses. Double Layer discs can store more data than single layer discs. Double-layer discs
burned with this drive may not be compatible with many existing single-layer DVD drives and players. LightScribe creates a monochrome image. LightScribe media required and sold separately. Note that DVD-
RAM cannot read or write to 2.6 GB Single Sided/5.2 GB Double Sided – Version 1.0 media.
4. Wireless broadband use requires separately purchased service contract. Check with service provider for availability and coverage in your area. Available in select countries only. Wireless, internet, and VoIP
require separately purchased service contract.
5. WiFi access point and Internet service required and not included. Availability of public wireless access points limited.
6. The specifications for the 802.1 1n WLAN are draft specifications and are not final. If the final specifications differ from the draft specifications, it may affect the ability of the notebook to communicate with other
802.1 1n WLAN devices.
7. For hard drives, GB = 1 billion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 8 GB (for XP) and 10 GB (for Vista) of system disk is reserved for the system recovery software.
8. Shared video memory (UMA) uses part of the total system memory for video performance. System memory dedicated to video performance is not available for other use by programs.
9. The term "10/100/1000" or "Gigabit" Ethernet indicates compliance with IEEE standard 802.3ab for Gigabit Ethernet, and does not connote actual operating speed of 1 Gb/sec. For high speed transmission,
connection to a Gigabit Ethernet server and network infrastructure is required.
10. HP Fast Charge technology recharges your battery up to 90% within 90 minutes when the system is off. Fast Charge does not apply to 12-cell Ultra-Capacity battery.
1 1. Select models only. Some functionality of Intel Centrino Pro and vPro, such as Intel Active management technology and Intel Virtualization technology, requires additional 3rd party software in order to run.
Availability of future "virtual appliances" applications for Centrino Pro and vPro technology is dependant on 3rd party software providers. Compatibility with future "virtual appliances" and Microsoft Windows
Vista operating system is yet to be determined.
12. Sold separately or purchased as an optional feature.
13. Windows Vista Business disk also included for future upgrade if desired. To qualify for this downgrade an end user must be a business (including governmental or educational institution) and is expected to order
annually at least 25 customer systems with the same custom image.
14. HD content required to view HD images.
15. Dual Channel is only supported when the system is configured with DDR2 symmetric memory (ie: 2x256).
16. 60 day trial period. Internet access required to receive updates. First update included. Subscription required for updates thereafter. This McAfee Total Protection for Small Business software is licensed to you by
McAfee under the terms of the McAfee end user license agreement which can be read at www.mcafee.com.
17. Testing was not intended to demonstrate fitness for DOD (Department of Defense) contracts requirements or for military use. Test results are not a guarantee of future performance under these test conditions.
18. Battery life will vary depending on the product model, configuration, loaded applications, features, & power management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will decrease with time and usage.
19. TPM module disabled where use is restricted by law; for example, Russia and China.
© 2008 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. All rights reserved. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the
express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions
contained herein. Bluetooth is a trademark of its proprietor and used by Hewlett-Packard Company under license. Microsoft and Windows are U.S. registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. Windows Vista is
either a registered trademark or trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Intel and Core are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the
U.S. and other countries.
A cut above. HP EliteBook
Windows Live Messenger (select
hP Duracase Design.
HP EliteBook 2530p
Durable. lightweight. sleek.