Thank you for purchasing a Canon product. Canon RF70-200mm F4 L IS USM is a telephoto Camera Firmware zoom lens for use with EOS R series cameras. Please use the latest version of firmware with the “IS” stands for Image Stabilizer.
Safety Precautions Precautions to ensure that the camera is used safely. Read these precautions thoroughly. Make sure all details are observed in order to prevent risks and injury to the user and other people. Details pertaining to risks that may Warning result in death or serious injury.
General Precautions Handling Precautions Do not leave the product in excessive heat such as in a car in direct sunlight. High temperatures can cause the product to malfunction. If the lens is taken from a cold environment into a warm one, condensation may develop on the lens surface and internal parts.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. CAN ICES-3 (B) / NMB-3 (B) Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Nomenclature Focusing ring (→ 7) Zoom ring (→ 7) Control ring (→ 9) Hood mount (→ 13) Zoom ring lock lever (→ 8) Rubber ring (→ 6) Filter mounting thread (→ 14) Contacts (→ 6) Focusing distance range selector switch Lens mount (→...
Turn the lens counterclockwise while pressing the camera’s lens release button. Detach the lens once it has stopped turning. Rubber rings can be replaced at Canon Service Center. (chargeable) Please refer to the camera's instructions for details. ENG-6...
2. Setting the Focus Mode 3. Zooming Focusing ring To zoom, turn the lens’ zoom ring. Focus mode switch Be sure to finish zooming before focusing. To shoot in autofocus (AF) mode, set the focus Zooming after focusing can affect the focus. mode switch to AF.
4. Fixing the Zoom Ring The zoom ring can be fixed to keep the lens at the shortest point. This function is convenient for carrying a camera on a strap because it prevents the lens from extending. Turn the zoom ring to Slide the zoom ring lock the wide end position lever in the direction...
1. FULL (0.6m/1.97 ft. - ∞) There are cases in which the sound of control ring 2. 2.5m/8.20 ft. - ∞ operations may be recorded when shooting movies. The clicking sensation of the control ring can be removed by the Canon Service Center. (chargeable) ENG-9...
7. Image Stabilizer Image stabilization corrects vibrations that occurs with hand-held shots. Image stabilizer switch Image stabilizer mode selector switch Set the STABILIZER switch to ON. Select an Image Stabilizer mode according to the application and shooting If you are not going to use image stabilization, set conditions.
Image Stabilizer The Image Stabilizer for this lens is suited to hand-held shots in the following conditions. MODE 1 Shooting still subjects In semi-darkened areas such as indoors or outdoors at night. In locations where the flash cannot be used, such as art museums and theater stages.
Image Stabilizer The Image Stabilizer cannot compensate for a blurred shot caused by a subject that moved. The Image Stabilizer might not be fully effective in the following conditions: • Large shake or fast vibration • Panning in MODE 1 When using a tripod, it is recommended that you set the image stabilizer switch to OFF.
8. Hood The custom lens hood reduces unwanted light that causes flare and ghosting and protects the front of the lens from rain, snow, and dust. Attachment position mark Red dot Button Red dot Red dot Detaching the Hood Attachment position mark Stop position mark Keep your finger pressed down on the button located on the side of the hood, and then turn...
Only one filter may be attached. It provides a magnification of 0.14x to 0.51x. If you need a polarizing filter, use the Canon Circular Polarizing Filter PL-C B. Close-up Lens 250D cannot be attached Detach the hood when adjusting the polarizing because there is no size that fits the lens.
Add 24.2 mm/0.95 in. when including the lens cap and dust cap. The size and weight listed are for the lens only. You cannot use extenders. All data listed is measured according to Canon standards. Product specifications and appearance are subject to change without notice. ENG-15...