Important Safety Important Safety Instructions a Read these instructions. b Keep these instructions. c Heed all warnings. d Follow all instructions. e Do not use this apparatus near water. f Clean only with dry cloth. g Do not block any ventilation openings. Install in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
l Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or when unused for long periods of time. m Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. Servicing is required when the apparatus has been damaged in any way, such as power-supply cord or plug is damaged, liquid has been spilled or objects have fallen into the apparatus, the apparatus has been exposed to rain or moisture, does not operate normally, or has been dropped.
Ensure that you always have easy access to the power cord, plug or adaptor to disconnect the apparatus from the power. Notice Any changes or modifications made to this device that are not expressly approved by Philips Consumer Lifestyle may void the user’s authority to operate the equipment. This product complies with the radio interference requirements of the European Community.
Never dispose of your product with other household waste. Please inform yourself about the local rules on the separate collection of electrical and electronic products. The correct disposal of your old product helps prevent potentially negative consequences on the environment and human health. Your product contains batteries covered by the European Directive 2006/66/EC, which cannot be disposed of with normal household waste.
• The type plate is located on the bottom of the apparatus. Your Clock Radio for iPhone/ iPod Congratulations on your purchase, and welcome to Philips! To fully benefit from the support that Philips offers, register your product at www.philips.com/welcome. Introduction With this unit, you can enjoy audio from the iPod, iPhone, other audio devices, or the radio.
Overview of the main unit Top View AL 1 AL 2 SLEEP SOURCE a POWER • Turn on the unit or switch to standby mode. • Deactivate the sleep timer. • Stop alarm. b DATE • AUTO TUNE/TIME SET • Set the date and clock.
• Skip to the previous/next audio file. • Search within an audio file. • Select a preset radio station. • Adjust time. e TUNING +/- • Tune to a radio station. • Adjust time. f VOL +/- • Adjust volume. • Start or pause iPod/iPhone play. h REPEAT ALARM/BRIGHTNESS CONTROL •...
Always follow the instructions in this chapter in sequence. If you contact Philips, you will be asked for the model and serial number of this apparatus. The model number and serial number are on the bottom of the apparatus. Write the numbers here: Model No.
Serial No. ___________________________ Connect power Caution • Risk of product damage! Ensure that the power voltage corresponds to the voltage printed on the back or underside of the apparatus. • Risk of electric shock! When you unplug the AC adaptor, always pull the plug from the socket.
Set time and date Dock the iPod / iPhone on the unit. Open the iPod / iPhone. Time and date information on the iPod / iPhone transfers to » the unit automatically. To set time and date manually: In standby mode, press and hold DATE • AUTO TUNE/TIME SET for 2 seconds.
Play from iPod/iPhone You can enjoy audio from iPod/iPhone through this unit. Compatible iPod/iPhone Apple iPod and iPhone models with a 30-pin dock connector: • iPod classic, iPod touch, iPod nano, iPod 5th generation (video), iPod with color display, iPod mini. •...
Play from an external device You can also listen to an external audio device through this unit. Press SOURCE repeatedly to select AUX source. Connect the supplied MP3 link cable to: MP3 LINK jack (3.5mm) on the back of the unit. •...
Press and hold TUNING +/- for more than 2 seconds. [SRCH] (search) displays. » The radio tunes to a station with strong reception » automatically. Repeat step 2 to tune to more stations. • To tune to a weak station, press until you find optimal reception.
• To overwrite a programmed station, store another station in its place. Select a preset radio station Press Other features Set the alarm timer You can set two alarms which go off at different time. Ensure that you have set the clock correctly. Press and hold AL 1 or AL 2 for 2 seconds.
• If you want to wake up to specific music track(s) on iPhone/iPod, after set iPhone/iPod playlist as the wake up source on the unit, you need to create a playlist called ‘PHILIPS’ via iTunes and copy the track(s) to this new ‘PHILIPS’ playlist. • If no playlist is created or there is no song in the playlist, the unit will play the music track according to the last music playback preference on iPhone/iPod.
• You can press Stop alarm ring When the alarm rings, press the corresponding AL 1 or AL 2. The alarm stops but the alarm settings remain. » View the alarm settings Press AL 1 or AL 2. Backup Battery Mode Under normal use, the unit should be powered through the AC adapter.
Note • Under Backup Battery mode, the unit can work over 3 months. • When the battery power is low, the display panel will indicate “bAtt Lo” until the batteries are empty and the unit will switch off automatically. In this case, please replace the batteries in the backup battery compartment with 2 pieces of new 1.5V, AAA/R03/UM4 batteries.
Set the sleep timer This unit can switch to standby automatically after a set period of time. Note • Make sure the time and date is set before setting the sleep timer. Press SLEEP repeatedly to select a set period of time (in minutes). The sleep timer is activated »...
Enhance bass During play, press DBB to turn on or off dynamic bass enhancement. If DBB is activated, [DBB 1] is displayed. » If DBB is de-activated, [DBB 0] is displayed. » Product information Note • Product information is subject to change without prior notice. Specifications Amplifier Rated Output Power...
Tuner Tuning Range Tuning grid Sensitivity - Mono, 26dB S/N Ratio - Stereo, 46dB S/N Ratio Search Selectivity Total Harmonic Distortion Signal to Noise Ratio General information AC power (power adaptor) Operation Power Consumption Standby Power Consumption Dimensions - Main Unit (W x H x D) Weight - Main Unit 87.5 - 108 MHz...
If you encounter problems when using this apparatus, check the following points before requesting service. If the problem remains unsolved, go to the Philips web site (www.philips.com/welcome). When you contact Philips, ensure that the apparatus is nearby and the model number and serial number are available. No power •...
Clock/timer setting erased • Power has been interrupted or the power plug has been disconnected. • Reset the clock/timer. Clock error when synchronize time with iPod touch • Reset iPod touch by pressing and holding Power and Menu keys on iPod touch for 10 seconds.