No Picture, No Video
The TV will not turn on.
The TV turns off automatically.
There is no picture/video.
The TV is not receiving all channels.
No Caption on digital channels.
The picture is distorted: macroblock,
error, small block, dots, pixelization.
Purple/green rolling horizontal bars and
buzzing noise from the TV speakers
with Component cable connection.
The picture will not display in full screen.
The remote control does not work.
Solutions and Explanations
• Make sure the AC power cord is securely plugged into the wall outlet and the TV.
• Make sure the wall outlet is working.
• Try pressing the
button on the TV to make sure the problem is not the remote.
If the TV turns on, refer to 'Remote control does not work' below.
• Ensure the Sleep Timer is set to Off in the Setup menu. (P. 17)
• If your PC is connected to the TV, check your PC power settings.
• Make sure the AC power cord is plugged in securely to the wall outlet and the TV.
• When watching TV from an antenna or cable connection, the TV will turn off after 10 - 15
minutes if there is no signal.
• Check cable connections. (remove and reconnect all cables connected to the TV and external
• Set your external device's (Cable/Sat Box, DVD, Blu-ray etc) video outputs to match the
connections to the TV input. For example, if an external device's output is HDMI, it should be
connected to an HDMI input on the TV.
• Make sure your connected devices are powered on.
• Be sure to select the TV's correct source by pressing the
• Reboot the connected device by reconnecting the device's power cable.
• Make sure the coaxial cable is connected securely.
• Please try Auto Program to add available channels to the channel list.
- Channel - Auto Program then select Auto and make sure the correct Cable TV
signal type is set in the menu. There are 3 options. (STD, hRC and IRC) (P. 12)
• Verify the Antenna is positioned correctly.
• Check Caption Setup menu. Try changing Caption Mode Service 1 to CC1. (P. 19)
• Some channels may not have caption data.
• Compression of video contents may cause picture distortion. Especially on fast moving pictures
such as sports and action movies.
• A low signal can cause picture distortion. This is not a TV problem.
• Remove the left and right audio connections from the set-top-box. If the buzzing stops, this
indicates that the set-top-box has a grounding issue. Replace the Component video cables
with an HDMI connection.
• HD channels will have black bars on either side of the screen when displaying upscaled SD
• Black bars on the Top & Bottom will be shown on movies that have aspect ratios different from
• Adjust picture size option on your external device or TV to full screen.
• Replace the remote control batteries with correct polarity (+/–).
• Clean the transmission window located on the top of the remote.
• Try pointing the remote directly at the TV from 5~6 feet away.
button on the remote